• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Insurance Permanent Role

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    You do talk crap sometimes, do try and keep up. IPSE hasn't failed, it's going in a different market. Given that ours is rapidly disappearing I don't find that anything other than good sense. And I have little or nothing to do with them these days anyway.

The run down fee is £50, compared to £320 for plus membership. So not even a good income generator pitch, is it?
    Have ipse ever published how many IR35 investigations are ongoing in last 2 years yet?

I think you will find the answer is nil for common folk and a just a few high profile media types to keep people scared

Hence people are buying lighting insurance on a sunny day

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Thanks all. Without de-railing this thread into a discussion around IPSE, what about IR35 insurance specifically?
      Should I renew this which is quite a hefty amount, given I am going permie (reluctantly yet relievedly), or can I end the subscription there?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        Thanks all. Without de-railing this thread into a discussion around IPSE, what about IR35 insurance specifically?
        Should I renew this which is quite a hefty amount, given I am going permie (reluctantly yet relievedly), or can I end the subscription there?
        Did you not read Malvolio's post

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        You do talk crap sometimes, do try and keep up. IPSE hasn't failed, it's going in a different market. Given that ours is rapidly disappearing I don't find that anything other than good sense. And I have little or nothing to do with them these days anyway.

The run down fee is £50, compared to £320 for plus membership. So not even a good income generator pitch, is it?
        Now personally I wouldn't go near IPSE (for it will only encourage them) but if you are a member that run down fee is not much for some protection...;.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Did you not read Malvolio's post

Now personally I wouldn't go near IPSE (for it will only encourage them) but if you are a member that run down fee is not much for some protection...;.
          I may be missing something here, his post is IPSE related.

I am referring to specific IR35 investigation cover and backpayment if ever asked to cough up. Didn't see this in his post.
          Can anyone clarify my query?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
            I may be missing something here, his post is IPSE related.

I am referring to specific IR35 investigation cover and backpayment if ever asked to cough up. Didn't see this in his post.
            Can anyone clarify my query?
            Speak to QDOS then but it won't be cheap - and it's pointless as once your limited company is closed there is nothing for HMRC to chase unless you've been incredibly stupid.

Comment

Speak to QDOS then but it won't be cheap - and it's pointless as once your limited company is closed there is nothing for HMRC to chase unless you've been incredibly stupid.
              I wonder if there is any difference to HMRC between being 'closed' and having an empty bank account and in the process of closing.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                I wonder if there is any difference to HMRC between being 'closed' and having an empty bank account and in the process of closing.
                Um, ones a former legal entity that doesn't exist anymore and the latter is a legal entity that still exists so can be pursued.

Comment

Um, ones a former legal entity that doesn't exist anymore and the latter is a legal entity that still exists so can be pursued.
                  Pursued for what though if it has no money or assets left. Only thinking out loud, and gloating a bit as my Ltd is now dead and buried. But it was something I mulled over while awaiting strike off.

Comment

Working...
                  X