• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contract to permanent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
    All the banks are now inside ir35
    No they're not.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
      Another way would be to say, at the end of the 3 months, that I'm not 100% sure about going permanent so how about you extend me for another 3 months so I have a bit more time to think about that? And milk another 3 months at 650 a day, hoping the market will have opened up by then.
      This is sound advice. String them along. What harm happens?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        No they're not.
        Please explain in that case. It’s what I have been told after spending 15 years in the industry with contacts at a lot of the banks and former colleagues

Comment

Please explain in that case. It’s what I have been told after spending 15 years in the industry with contacts at a lot of the banks and former colleagues
          He's right. Most roles in banks are certainly inside but I'm aware of several people in my niche who are still outside. Indeed, the team I left (at a UK big four bank) for a new role at the end of last year are still outside.

Comment

Many banks changed their approach to simply not engage with Ltd company contractors; in these cases, there is no intermediary, so no IR35 determination is needed. The roles are not inside IR35. Anyone who told you otherwise does not know what they are talking about.

Some banks did make some exceptions for some roles (outside IR35), but in much smaller number than existed prior to April 2020.
            Last edited by Paralytic; 8 October 2020, 10:43.

Comment

You are kidding me. Banks are not engaging with ltd contractors means there are zero (ok maybe a handful) of outside ir35

This was my point. You be agreed to it in a circular way

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                Another way would be to say, at the end of the 3 months, that I'm not 100% sure about going permanent so how about you extend me for another 3 months so I have a bit more time to think about that? And milk another 3 months at 650 a day, hoping the market will have opened up by then.
                But you'll lose the gig to someone who's convinced the agent that you are in for the long game whatever.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You are kidding me. Banks are not engaging with ltd contractors means there are zero (ok maybe a handful) of outside ir35

This was my point. You be agreed to it in a circular way
                  You didn't say no 'outside IR35" contracts - you said they were Inside I35. Most contractor engagements with banks are are now neither.

So, to be clear, I was not agreeing with you in a circular, or any other, way.

Comment

Maybe it’s just me but I want to clarify how many different ways of working exist in the Uk

You have

1) perm with a salary and a notice period of one month or more
                    2) outside ir35. The usual and old way of working via ltd with tax optimisation available
                    3) FTC which is a contractor with a fixed termination date. Are these quoted as perm salaries like 100k or day rates like 650 a day and do you have to use an umbrella or payroll company of are you part of the employer payroll
                    4) inside ir35 which I think means a day rate but no tax optimisation and you have to use an umbrella

Is this the new way of working in large corps in Great Britain these days? Are there any others to be aware of

Comment

Maybe it’s just me but I want to clarify how many different ways of working exist in the Uk

You have

1) perm with a salary and a notice period of one month or more
                      2) outside ir35. The usual and old way of working via ltd with tax optimisation available
                      3) FTC which is a contractor with a fixed termination date. Are these quoted as perm salaries like 100k or day rates like 650 a day and do you have to use an umbrella or payroll company of are you part of the employer payroll
                      4) inside ir35 which I think means a day rate but no tax optimisation and you have to use an umbrella

Is this the new way of working in large corps in Great Britain these days? Are there any others to be aware of
                      Please don't start polluting multiple threads with your rate claims, you were allowed back based on you behaving yourself.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X