Proving you lived at an address from 5 years ago? Proving you lived at an address from 5 years ago? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CynicalBroccoli View Post
    Going through the onboarding process of my first contract and they are asking for the most amount of info I've ever experienced. I thought the investment banks were bad, but this place wants proof of address for every place I've lived for the past 5 years. 5 years ago I was on a postgrad course that I left before finishing. I was living with a relative so the utilities weren't in my name and at the time I probably didn't even know what council tax even was. My stipend was untaxed since I was student, so no P60, but they don't accept that anyway. I can't seem to get a bank statement from back then either. The form says they only accept utility bills or bank statements.

    Do I need to petition the researchers for Who Do You Think You Are? to help me out?

    On one hand I'm a bit stressed out by this, but on the other I can't help but chuckle. Has anyone here ever had something fall through because you couldn't prove some requirement like this?
    Did you have a bank account at that address? If so put in a subject access request to the bank, requesting your bank statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  2. #12

    Contractor Among Contractors

    wattaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,197

    Default

    Do you have access to a credit report; maybe a free one like Credit Karma?

    It will list your known and associated addresses.
    ---

    Former member of IPSE.


    ---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

    ---

  3. #13

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CynicalBroccoli View Post

    On one hand I'm a bit stressed out by this, but on the other I can't help but chuckle. Has anyone here ever had something fall through because you couldn't prove some requirement like this?
    Yes, got something similar.

    I applied for a role in government and after interview and offer stage they asked for 5 years of addresses. Since in those 5 years I spent more than 6 continuous months in Canada, they asked for a Canadian criminal record check. To get it I would have had to file a paper application to the royal canadian mounted police with attached fingerprints as well.

    In my area there were only like 1-2 companies that could take paper fingerprints that were allowed to do so (I went to the police asking if they could do it but they said sod off, we can't do it but go to these companies).

    I don't remember the exact number but the overall cost was something around 3-400 pounds, asked the company if they were going to pay for it and that pretty much ended the conversation.

  4. #14

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCTNN View Post
    Yes, got something similar.

    I applied for a role in government and after interview and offer stage they asked for 5 years of addresses. Since in those 5 years I spent more than 6 continuous months in Canada, they asked for a Canadian criminal record check. To get it I would have had to file a paper application to the royal canadian mounted police with attached fingerprints as well.

    In my area there were only like 1-2 companies that could take paper fingerprints that were allowed to do so (I went to the police asking if they could do it but they said sod off, we can't do it but go to these companies).

    I don't remember the exact number but the overall cost was something around 3-400 pounds, asked the company if they were going to pay for it and that pretty much ended the conversation.
    It's truely ludicrous, isnt it? I told one agency to shove a role with a bank once because they prevaricated over a passport picture. They said it was a jpeg not 'scanned'! Other agents insisting on a 'wet' signature on some contract documentation despite accepted a pdf'd type signature. Someone who hops on a dinghy to cross the Channel and land on a beach in broad daylight doesnt have to jump through as many hoops.

    On a different tack, I fear for SWMBO when Im gone. Despite my pleadings, she wont change her paper driver's license for a photo one. She has no credit cards in her own name, partly because she wont get the said photo DL! As she has no cc's in her own name and photo id, she cannot be verified to use the Gov Gateway easily since she has no credit record!

  5. #15

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDogsNads View Post
    It's truely ludicrous, isnt it? I told one agency to shove a role with a bank once because they prevaricated over a passport picture. They said it was a jpeg not 'scanned'! Other agents insisting on a 'wet' signature on some contract documentation despite accepted a pdf'd type signature. Someone who hops on a dinghy to cross the Channel and land on a beach in broad daylight doesnt have to jump through as many hoops.

    On a different tack, I fear for SWMBO when Im gone. Despite my pleadings, she wont change her paper driver's license for a photo one. She has no credit cards in her own name, partly because she wont get the said photo DL! As she has no cc's in her own name and photo id, she cannot be verified to use the Gov Gateway easily since she has no credit record!
    She's probably got a massive stash of cash and is slowly poisoning you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wattaj View Post
    Do you have access to a credit report; maybe a free one like Credit Karma?

    It will list your known and associated addresses.
    This could be a good one, I just need to check they'll accept it. I sent off what I have, so it's in the lap of the gods now. I'll see what they come back with.
    Last edited by CynicalBroccoli; 9th October 2020 at 13:47.

  7. #17

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44,664

    Default

    Rearden Metal, Bona Fide...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  8. #18

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Rearden Metal, Bona Fide...
    #fog
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  9. #19

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Rearden Metal
    Anagram: mental dreare
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  10. #20

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    22,353

    Default

    No he's not.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •