• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How are you spending your xmas party money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are you spending your xmas party money?

I'll start off - we usually stay over at a hotel during the xmas period and expense the £150 per head in that way.

With COVID, I don't think we'll be going out this year.

How are you guys spending your annual staff party?

Jesus what’s that. A £30 corp tax saving. Seriously???

Comment

Depends how you look at it.

Myself and my wife (both employed directors) generally take a guest each (a couple we are very good friends with) out to a slap-up dinner, spending £600. We'd do the same even if it weren't chargeable as a company event, but because it is, we spend £500 (gross of tax) of the company's money (as we get the VAT back) rather than £600 (net of tax) of our own.

Hardly life-changing, but why not do it that way?

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
        Jesus what’s that. A £30 corp tax saving. Seriously???
        It's "£30" that the bastards don't get.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

A bottle of scotch
          A pot noodle and a copy of a gentlemens magazine seems likely to be the best investment of the cash this year!
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

I usually do the same, with hotels so cheap now, it allowed me to book into a much higher class hotel than usual for this year for the 150 pp

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post
              I'll start off - we usually stay over at a hotel during the xmas period and expense the £150 per head in that way.

With COVID, I don't think we'll be going out this year.

How are you guys spending your annual staff party?
              Afternoon all.

Yes, the other half and I have always taken full advantage of this - had a great boozy evening in Oxford last year following a tour of the Pitt Rivers to see the shrunken heads! It's very easy to rack up that £300, especially once train fares have been factored in.

This year we were planning to incorporate it into a musical evening featuring my best friend's father's musical outfit who do stuff in the vein of The Temperance Seven - far too young to remember them but they were a thing once upon a time apparently.

Obviously that's not going to happen in our venue of choice and unless we take it to private premises it won't be happening at all.

Still, we'll probably just be getting more bang for our buck in the local this year. Assuming it's open

Comment

Mods... General... Now!!
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X