• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any experience with Danish clients?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any experience with Danish clients?

Looks like I might be doing some work for a Danish company, curious if anyone here worked with / in Denmark and what their experiences were in dealing with Danes?

Danes? Great.

Comment

I worked at ****** in copenhagen for two years from 2015 - 2017. It was amazing but they ran out of money and canned the project

Denmark is amazing and you should look at expat tax scheme which is applicable for five years

are you going to commute or move there permanently and is it for one of the financial places - Be aware danske bank is cutting big time over there

Winters are cold and dark - Food is good and hotel d'angleterre is the five star place there
      Edit - I pmd the OP the name of the place i worked at - A big corp nothing turns on it

Comment

In general, great people. But really depends who the client is. Is it Maersk, Nordea, Danske Bank?

Comment

I spent some short spells out there on a project for a UK based client. Enjoyable place, Copenhagen is a lovely city but it is very expensive. Probably not an issue at this current time but it was a pain a few times finding decent hotels in/near the centre of Copenhagen - it used to get very busy with conferences etc.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
            I spent some short spells out there on a project for a UK based client. Enjoyable place, Copenhagen is a lovely city but it is very expensive. Probably not an issue at this current time but it was a pain a few times finding decent hotels in/near the centre of Copenhagen - it used to get very busy with conferences etc.
            +1 I used to stay in the Crowne Plaza every week (it's on one of the Metro lines so provided a nice and cheap break between client and hotel) and even with a regular booking and top level membership I would be bumped with a months notice.

One thing I do remember is seeing far more ticket inspectors than I've ever seen in London.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              +1 I used to stay in the Crowne Plaza every week (it's on one of the Metro lines so provided a nice and cheap break between client and hotel) and even with a regular booking and top level membership I would be bumped with a months notice.

One thing I do remember is seeing far more ticket inspectors than I've ever seen in London.
              One time I ended up with several colleagues in a hotel about 20 miles NW of Copenhagen centre as everywhere in and around the city was rammed. I remember how a return taxi journey was a mere £200. Might have been easier/cheaper to stay in Sweden across the bridge!

The weather can be pretty cold but everything seems modern and works well.

Comment

I have done some business in Copenhagen.
                The Danes are generally very easy people to get along with and to work with.
                You will generally find that unless you are an absolute w***** the people out there will want to work with you.
                Copenhagen for itself can be frightfully expensive for everything.
                Do book accomodation well in advance.
                Commuting from Malmo could be an option as its only 40 mins away if you want to save cash.
                It can be very cold in winter - upgrade your coat!
                Former IPSE member
                My Website

Comment

Thanks everyone, I was mostly curious what Danes are like to work with as I've only really worked in the UK.

Contract itself is almost fully remote, unless there's a meeting somewhere to discuss tech details / test / deploy etc. It's in engineering for a large energy company, so as far from fintech as you can probably get. Also long way away from Copenhagen, so costs are actually pretty reasonable with AirBnB around £50-£70pd, hotels around £120pd.

Mostly concerned about the current Covid tulipstorm, kick off meeting is there in a couple of weeks, would be nice to be able to get there.

Comment

Working...
                  X