• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice under IR 35 period

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by omizdea View Post
    Hi,

I am current working under an assignment under IR35. My contract with the current Umbrella company specifies a 0 days notice period. Are there any legal related hidden clauses that will prevent me to leave the next day the current assignment if I give notice?

Thank you.
    You are confused

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Hard for us to know if there are any hidden clauses in your contracts. I would look at every contract you signed just to make sure there is no issue.

Comment

My contract is with the umbrella company which clearly stipulates 0 days notice period.

Comment

My contract is with the umbrella company which clearly stipulates 0 days notice period.
          On both sides?
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            On both sides?
            Indeed

Comment

Indeed
              So basically the question is are we psychic and able to determine if your contract (which no one except yourself has access to) has clauses in it that negate that clause.

Sorry but I don't think even Jesus could do that for you.

So call the umbrella say you want to invoke the clause and watch what happens.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Does your contract stipulate if you'll get paid, if you walk with 0 days notice?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I am finding this a little hard to believe, even if you can sort out the difference between the contract between you and the brollu and the one between them and the client.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X