• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invest in properties now or wait?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    True but you still have to look at fundamentals:-

1) is there much chance of capital appreciation (Nope)
    2) is the annual return before appreciation worthwhile (Nope)
    I think it very much depends on the area. Uk doesn't end on London and there are good growth areas. I think the fastest growing city in UK is Milton Keynes?

Comment

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post
      I read all your posts.
      You have portfolio of properties.
      What’s your take on interest only vs repayment BTL mortgages ?

There’s good supply of properties in the area I’m watching at the moment (with none for sale 6 months ago). They didn’t seem to sell during stamp duty holidays. At the same time I don’t want to miss the boat when it will turn out the sun still comes after Brexit and it’s not as bad as everyone thought . So right now observing and weighting my options, collecting opinions, doing market research etc
      It can’t be any clearer. Now is mot the time to buy unless you are getting a heavy discount and k ow why you are buying. Eek explained why above

Repayment vs interest depends on the gearing you want and the amount of interest you want to pay

Of you buying a btl now you should be getting 7% plus otherwise not worth the stress

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
        It can’t be any clearer. Now is mot the time to buy unless you are getting a heavy discount and k ow why you are buying. Eek explained why above

Repayment vs interest depends on the gearing you want and the amount of interest you want to pay

Of you buying a btl now you should be getting 7% plus otherwise not worth the stress
        10%+ discount or wait. I want to feel like a shark negotiating price down from position of power ;-)
        Last edited by GitMaster69; 21 October 2020, 17:31.

Comment

10%+ discount or wait. I want to feel like a shark negotiating price down from position of power ;-)
          You should be concentrating on a yield of 7% plus. A 10% discount on an overvalued property means nothing

Do you know why you are buying. Do you just have money to park somewhere or are you trying to hedge against inflation or something else?

I’m looking to buy in London but I know what I want. A freehold flat with lease due for renewal and a very good yield without the lease extension premium

Comment

You should be concentrating on a yield of 7% plus. A 10% discount on an overvalued property means nothing

Do you know why you are buying. Do you just have money to park somewhere or are you trying to hedge against inflation or something else?

I’m looking to buy in London but I know what I want. A freehold flat with lease due for renewal and a very good yield without the lease extension premium
            Yeah same area as my Airbnb yielding around 10%. however recent T3 has affected yields unsurprisingly. Playing the long game.

Comment

is a freehold flat possible?
              is freehold in London possible?
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                it's possible if you buy freehold off the landlord. There are regulations but basically you need to convince 50% of building's leaseholders to buy it I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  Many are available. Think of a house converted to two with upstairs sold off on a lease. Then downstairs wants to sell so you can buy the freehold interest

Mind you mortgaging a freehold flat is not easy but you can grant yourself a lease and keep the freehold. Done it a few times

Comment

Many are available. Think of a house converted to two with upstairs sold off on a lease. Then downstairs wants to sell so you can buy the freehold interest

Mind you mortgaging a freehold flat is not easy but you can grant yourself a lease and keep the freehold. Done it a few times
                    my dream is to trade properties as main job one day

Comment

my dream is to trade properties as main job one day
                      7% yield - wow, you are a long time deed counting a 7% yield, comparing with the fun you could have with the capital with your family and friends

You might be the richest man in the graveyard

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X