Switzerland - How much I should charge? Switzerland - How much I should charge? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 46

Should post faster

Nat said it succinctly. 800 a day is standard. 1200 a day all in rate is bloody good. Zurich taxes lower then Geneva

1500 is consultancy money. Don’t even embarrass yourself asking for that as a one man gig

Englishforum.ch if you want to get slated for asking can I I live on 300k chf a year as a single man in canton zug

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
    Nat said it succinctly. 800 a day is standard. 1200 a day all in rate is bloody good. Zurich taxes lower then Geneva

1500 is consultancy money. Don’t even embarrass yourself asking for that as a one man gig

Englishforum.ch if you want to get slated for asking can I I live on 300k chf a year as a single man in canton zug
    By consultancy You mean contract? It is 6 months contract indeed.

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by shabak View Post
    Nope a consultancy is not an individual contractor...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Respect my authoritah!

Quote Originally Posted by shabak View Post
    Means "consultancy company". Not one man band.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Fingers like lightning

It's 6-7 years since I contracted for a pharma which had a Swiss operation that I visited fairly regularly. Others who have more recent experience are probably a better guide but I remember seeing a very similar perm role to my then niche role which was offering something like 75% more than the UK equivalent perm salary.

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    For a patching engineer I think 1500 is wishful. But god loves a trier.

Have you thought about asking them for an offer based on your experience?
    At least that way you know the bottom price so don’t need to embarrass yourself.
    That's about £1250 a day? Sounds a tad optimistic. I had a junior support analyst/patching engineer working for me a while back and he wasn't even paid £35k salary...

Super poster

In Zurich any day rate looks low once you settle in there. Do all the maths to ensure you get a take home equivalent to UK take home and then add 50% extra to that and even then it might be on the lower side.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    That's about £1250 a day? Sounds a tad optimistic. I had a junior support analyst/patching engineer working for me a while back and he wasn't even paid £35k salary...
    That’s minimum wage isn’t it? Or near as damn it. Might as well work in a bar and at least get tips.
    See You Next Tuesday

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    That’s minimum wage isn’t it? Or near as damn it. Might as well work in a bar and at least get tips.
    If you're referring to the guy who worked for me and not someone who might earn £1250/day in Zurich, then to be fair, he was only about 22 and a few months out of a junior desktop support role. He's progressed his career a lot since, more than if he had worked in a bar!

Super poster

Thumbs up

when I worked in zurich , I calculated that 800chf/day was equivalent to £350/day in UK from the savings perspective.