• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Switzerland - How much I should charge?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
    Here’s a current one from jobserve 966 CHF / day (those crazy Swiss work 8.4 hour days). I’ll leave negotiating 34 CHF from the pimps 20% cut as an exercise for the contractor. No good for me since I don’t speak jibber-jabber.

Senior Java Developer - Banking
    One of the largest banks firms in Zurich is looking for a Senior Java Developer to work on design and development of new platforms.
    Key Requirements:
    Excellent knowledge of Java
    DevOps experience
    Financial services experience desirable
    Experience working on cutting edge, Real Time platforms
    Must be Fluent in German
    They have an excellent project scope and are looking for people for the long term.
    Role: Contract
    Rate: 100 - 115 CHF p/hour
    What is jibber jabber? UBS hiring at the moment for data warehouse in Zurich 750 chf direct from their recruiting desk was the rate offered

Not worth it for me

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
      Was ist der jibber jabber? UBS hiring at the moment for data warehouse in Zurich 750 chf direct from their recruiting desk was the rate offered

Not worth it for me
      FTFY
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

What is jibber jabber? UBS hiring at the moment for data warehouse in Zurich 750 chf direct from their recruiting desk was the rate offered

Not worth it for me
        Jibber jabber is a sort of croaking, coughing, orcish, language they speak in Zurich.

That UBS rate does sound bad - maybe it’s negotiable. I expect they pay 900 and something if you go through an agent. I don’t know what a data warehouse is, but it sounds as if it should be more expensive. We keep our data in lakes which has never seemed like a good idea to me.

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
          Jibber jabber is a sort of croaking, coughing, orcish, language they speak in Zurich.
          Oh that's what it is. I thought it was a throat disease.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You mean German. Nothing to do with jibber jabber

Comment

You mean German. Nothing to do with jibber jabber
              It’s distantly related to German, like Romantsch is distantly related to Latin. Germans can learn jibber jabber in a couple of years.

Comment

Working...
              X