• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Switzerland - How much I should charge?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nat said it succinctly. 800 a day is standard. 1200 a day all in rate is bloody good. Zurich taxes lower then Geneva

1500 is consultancy money. Don’t even embarrass yourself asking for that as a one man gig

Englishforum.ch if you want to get slated for asking can I I live on 300k chf a year as a single man in canton zug

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
      Nat said it succinctly. 800 a day is standard. 1200 a day all in rate is bloody good. Zurich taxes lower then Geneva

1500 is consultancy money. Don’t even embarrass yourself asking for that as a one man gig

Englishforum.ch if you want to get slated for asking can I I live on 300k chf a year as a single man in canton zug
      By consultancy You mean contract? It is 6 months contract indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by shabak View Post
        Nope a consultancy is not an individual contractor...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by shabak View Post
          Means "consultancy company". Not one man band.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's 6-7 years since I contracted for a pharma which had a Swiss operation that I visited fairly regularly. Others who have more recent experience are probably a better guide but I remember seeing a very similar perm role to my then niche role which was offering something like 75% more than the UK equivalent perm salary.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              For a patching engineer I think 1500 is wishful. But god loves a trier.

Have you thought about asking them for an offer based on your experience?
              At least that way you know the bottom price so don’t need to embarrass yourself.
              That's about £1250 a day? Sounds a tad optimistic. I had a junior support analyst/patching engineer working for me a while back and he wasn't even paid £35k salary...

Comment

In Zurich any day rate looks low once you settle in there. Do all the maths to ensure you get a take home equivalent to UK take home and then add 50% extra to that and even then it might be on the lower side.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                  That's about £1250 a day? Sounds a tad optimistic. I had a junior support analyst/patching engineer working for me a while back and he wasn't even paid £35k salary...
                  That’s minimum wage isn’t it? Or near as damn it. Might as well work in a bar and at least get tips.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                    Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    That’s minimum wage isn’t it? Or near as damn it. Might as well work in a bar and at least get tips.
                    If you're referring to the guy who worked for me and not someone who might earn £1250/day in Zurich, then to be fair, he was only about 22 and a few months out of a junior desktop support role. He's progressed his career a lot since, more than if he had worked in a bar!

Comment

when I worked in zurich , I calculated that 800chf/day was equivalent to £350/day in UK from the savings perspective.

Comment

Working...
                      X