State of the frontend/nodejs market State of the frontend/nodejs market
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 34

Should post faster

Default State of the frontend/nodejs market

Used to upload cw to cwjobs, and cover my head waiting for the whiplash of calls and deleting emails for the next two months from recruiters, asking for React 90% of the time.

Now, well go figure

ghost town

Since about July my place has replaced all expensive node/Java UK based contractors (they 100% needed to drag into the office each day in London for 8.30am) on £750+ rates with cheaper (sub £300) remote workers from afar

Productivity slightly better

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Should post faster

excuse me while I go empty the contents of my stomach

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by founder View Post
    excuse me while I go empty the contents of my stomach
    If people are remote there is zero need to use UK resources - they just need to work to a European time frame (and techies in India and Pakistan are used to doing so).
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Should post faster

Tax man must love losing our divi and Corp tax now, you would have thought ir35 should be laid to rest with COVID

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by founder View Post
    Tax man must love losing our divi and Corp tax now, you would have thought ir35 should be laid to rest with COVID
    IR35 has nothing to do with this.

If the work is 100% remote there is zero need to do it in the UK unless it's client facing.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Some things in Moderation

Time to find a USP that makes it worthwhile for clients to hire you rather than an Indian techie (or maybe as well as!)

Geographic location to be a Hub lead connected to the US and Asia is a good one.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Time to find a USP that makes it worthwhile for clients to hire you rather than an Indian techie (or maybe as well as!)

Geographic location to be a Hub lead connected to the US and Asia is a good one.
    Fecking hate doing those roles.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Should post faster

The problem is most people are just average - I mean I know all contractors on here need a good dose of humility and claim they are worth 1k a day because they are amazing but in reality thats not true.

Finding a USP which is really a USP and cannot be mimicked by someone else is frankly impossible....

Most of the time people have been in roles because they were available companies had cash and remote working never worked - This has in my opinion now changed to the detriment of contractors ..

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
    The problem is most people are just average - I mean I know all contractors on here need a good dose of humility and claim they are worth 1k a day because they are amazing but in reality thats not true.

Finding a USP which is really a USP and cannot be mimicked by someone else is frankly impossible....

Most of the time people have been in roles because they were available companies had cash and remote working never worked - This has in my opinion now changed to the detriment of contractors ..
    Or are 50% of people worse than average?!