• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What’s the score from Thursday regarding.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Takeaways are available.
    Uber eats has been suggested.
    Warning Domino's Pizza might limit their menu's again.
    Use Just Eat if you want some seriously manky kebabs delivered to your hotel.
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I think eek has summed it up.

First port of call is your client. Ask them what their policy is first thing Monday and don't let them fob you off.
      Thanks for your response, most appreciated. Yeh I’ll see what their response is tomorrow and hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        So talk to your client and ask them to transfer the beefeater on tab to uber eats on tab. If they're not flexible, then look for another gig or take the hit. If they're not flexible, you don't want to work for them anyway. And if you're making a loss, you're better off.
        Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it. Fingers crossed they do the right thing given the current situation.

Comment

Good luck! Hopefully your client will see sense and let you WFH for the duration of the lockdown

Comment

Pot noodles (other cheaper instant noodles are available) and fruit.

And I’m sure something can be arranged as it suits nobody for you to starve.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

What you eat affects your body, mind and overall health, including mental.

Beefeater doesn't sound good and neither does takeaway. You should be insisting on good accommodation and, ideally, decisions that are none of their business. A higher rate accounting for this is preferable to what you are provided now.

This is a chance for you to renegotiate. Unless you're working on a very important project, such as government, military or NHS, there's no need for you to be in. They sound like a tulip client.

Comment

There is always this solution: Kettle Cooking: 5 Delicious & Cheap Hot Meals that Only Require Boiling Water - The Global Gadabout
                Former IPSE member
                My Website

Comment

As others have focused on, get your client to be practical and responsible, and wfh.

Comment

Company directing where work is, paying your expenses etc? Is there a chance this gig is inside which could add a whole different aspect to this issue?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Do we assume this gig is inside which could add a whole different aspect to this issue?
                      Sounds like it.

Quite unusual (to me) to hear of a client covering the subsistence tab in this manner.
                      Last edited by ladymuck; 2 November 2020, 13:31. Reason: Meant to say unusual, not usual

Comment

Working...
                      X