• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

need help- got a outside IR35 contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by truhislo View Post
    I am in a not so well paid perm at the moment and got a outside IR35 6 months contract role with a reasonable pay , with take home difference is 2000 GBP. The agency says after April when IR35 rules change, they will offer me 70-80 GBP per day extra to compensate which would keep take home same.
    As its just few months away to April 2020 , I am re-thinking if its safe to switch. Can you please share your thoughts? Thanks
    Key question in this:

What have the agency said will change that will alter the IR35 status of the contract?
    Something significant will have to change to push it inside - that is based on it not being so already.
    A retrospective tax inspection will ask exactly that; if your contract is inside at the point of inspection but the previous contract for essentially the same gig was outside, what will have changed?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

One slightly positive thing about the OP's situation is that he hasn't taken the contract yet, so even if he takes the contract, switches to inside ir35 comes april, and gets investigated by hmrc, he'll have to backpay tax for only a few months.

There's still plenty out there who I'm sure will have to backpay tax for 2+ years and I can't wait for them to come here complaining and/or crying like toddlers.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
        One slightly positive thing about the OP's situation is that he hasn't taken the contract yet, so even if he takes the contract, switches to inside ir35 comes april, and gets investigated by hmrc, he'll have to backpay tax for only a few months.

There's still plenty out there who I'm sure will have to backpay tax for 2+ years and I can't wait for them to come here complaining and/or crying like toddlers.
        And people were wondering who’s footing the bill for COVID.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

thanks. I am not going ahead with the contract

Comment

Working...
          X