• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NATIONAL NPPV 3 WITH SC: Is this a new format of SC clearance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NATIONAL NPPV 3 WITH SC: Is this a new format of SC clearance?

had been through SC clearance, but the certificate issued is
    - NATIONAL NPPV 3 WITH SC
    - "The above vetting clearance is only valid while you are employed by the above named employer and in the role indicated on your vetting application"
    - "Your vetting is subject to Annual Reviews for the duration of your clearance."

As far I understood, the SC clearance was not tied to an employer. Hence my queries
    1. s it because the SC clearance was combined with NPPV , the strict clause of "tieing" up with the employer?
    2. Does this mean, I can't join/apply for a SC cleared job outside of the employer who requested SC?(or does this mean the new employer just need to transfer the clearance?)

Just checking the wordings of SC clearance with guys have got one & if the SC clearance can be transferred to another employer
    Last edited by sojan; 3 November 2020, 21:34.

Originally posted by sojan View Post
    had been through SC clearance, but the certificate issued is
    - NATIONAL NPPV 3 WITH SC
    - "The above vetting clearance is only valid while you are employed by the above named employer and in the role indicated on your vetting application"
    - "Your vetting is subject to Annual Reviews for the duration of your clearance."

As far I understood, the SC clearance was not tied to an employer. Hence my queries
    1. s it because the SC clearance was combined with NPPV , the strict clause of "tieing" up with the employer?
    2. Does this mean, I can't join/apply for a SC cleared job outside of the employer who requested SC?(or does this mean the new employer just need to transfer the clearance?)

Just checking the wordings of SC clearance with guys have got one & if the SC clearance can be transferred to another employer
    NPPV is the Police vetting service so any clearance issued by them will be specific to Police roles / agencies.

Other agencies may or may not accept it as evidence of clearance.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

And as I've said before, clearance is not a one-and-done exercise, it has different criteria for different purposes and/or different data access requirements. At its simplest, NPPV3 let's you deal with police matters, SC let's you deal with matters of national security. So clearly they are two separate thinkgs but on occasion heavily inter-linked ones: think of anti terrorism, for one obvious example.

Clearance is a risk assessment Sometimes the assessment criteria require more than one pass through the system.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

In order to obtain NPPV3 clearance, an SC is obtained as part of the process.

The NPPV3 requires an annual assessment by a person responsible for your duties within the role to complete.

The NPPV3 remains valid whilst you are conducting the role where you require access to Police data.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
          In order to obtain NPPV3 clearance, an SC is obtained as part of the process.

The NPPV3 requires an annual assessment by a person responsible for your duties within the role to complete.

The NPPV3 remains valid whilst you are conducting the role where you require access to Police data.
          Thanks. So does that mean the SC clearance is something I can transfer to anotehr company?

Comment

SC remains active for 12 months after you have left the SC gig.

I left a gig at the Police with NPPV3 to join a firm that needed SC for all roles. My NPPV3 was not accepted and I had to apply for SC.

Comment

Originally posted by coolhandluke View Post
              SC remains active for 12 months after you have left the SC gig.

I left a gig at the Police with NPPV3 to join a firm that needed SC for all roles. My NPPV3 was not accepted and I had to apply for SC.
              Yes, and we know why...

I've had the same thing twice now. Either the various departments are looking for different criteria (e.g. police and central government) or they simply don't accept the previous one's assessment (usually central government not trusting List-X commercial companies). In your case, more likely the List-X team not understanding the scope of NPPV3 rather than not accepting it.

I worked out I'd been vetted 12 times across my 25 years contracting (and a few more before that in previous real jobs). After a while you stop thinking about it!

ps. And as we have said before, SC and 12 months is not anything other than a common convention. Officially it lapses as soon as you leave the role for which it was granted.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

NPPV3 and SC are two different and unrelated clearances.

NPPV3 can be granted with or without an SC accompanying it.

NPPV's are processed and granted by Warwickshire Police on behalf of all UK police forces, nothing to do with UKSV (United Kingdom Security Vetting).

NPPVs can be force specific i.e 'Local' or can be valid for all forces i.e. 'National'.

SC can be applied for alongside an NPPV3 if required; all this means is Warwickshire Police sponsor an SC application via UKSV portal, they do not 'do' the SC themselves. SC applied for this way is processed and granted by UKSV the same as if applied for any other way.

NPPV3 is held by, and linked to, your sponsor company and cannot be transferred.

SC applied for alongside NPPV3 - the SC is held be Warwickshire Police and is transferable according to the normal SC rules i.e. will lapse after 12 months of non-use.

Have fun..... https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/S...-may-20202.pdf

And before anyone wonders.... my Ltd. company is a CoreVet / NPPV sponsor.

Comment

Working...
                X