• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

leaving and permie taking over

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leaving and permie taking over

I am leaving soon and a permie is taking over...they have capacity due to loss of other work...how willing and helpful are you in this situation? they want to know all I know! But miffed as hoped I could have stayed longer so being pushed out...don't feel that amenable...lol!

Originally posted by Cookielove View Post
    I am leaving soon and a permie is taking over...they have capacity due to loss of other work...how willing and helpful are you in this situation? they want to know all I know! But miffed as hoped I could have stayed longer so being pushed out...don't feel that amenable...lol!

It depends on whether you want to work for that client again.

I'd also be concerned that if your contract is being replaced by a permanent employee, if HMRC were to investigate would they see you and inside IR35?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'm not getting in to the whole IR35 debate that has been done to death...that isn't my question thanks. This person has work that has been offshored and has spare capacity and is ambitious they have the ear of my boss and have said oh I can do such and such's job...which i doubt they can but hey ho I didn't make the decision...I don't feel that amenable to be helpful and transfer knowledge ...

Comment

Why would you not be completely amenable? You're a temporary worker - if you want to be a permanent one, then take a permie job.

You haven't been made redundant, you haven't been screwed over and you should absolutely be used to managing your exist from places. Some days it really is no wonder IR35 exists.

Comment

If you're right, and this person cannot do your role, the client will be clamouring to have you back in a month or so, so long as you've not burned your bridges. So, I'd be helpful but not overly so. eg. I'd not go above and beyond the terms of my contract.
          Last edited by Paralytic; 17 November 2020, 13:05.

Comment

Vwdan...thanks for that most helpful ...not! don't you just love keyboard warriors...makes my day !

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              I'd be helpful but not overly so. eg. I'd not go above and beyond the terms of my contract.
              That is my thoughts Paralytic!

Comment

I'm not getting in to the whole IR35 debate that has been done to death...that isn't my question thanks. This person has work that has been offshored and has spare capacity and is ambitious they have the ear of my boss and have said oh I can do such and such's job...which i doubt they can but hey ho I didn't make the decision...I don't feel that amenable to be helpful and transfer knowledge ...
                Threads don't always go how you want them to go...

That said, of course you help them onboard, assuming you would entertain working for the client again. It's just good business.

Comment

We were replaced by offshore team once. I did no favours to them.

Comment

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post
                    We were replaced by offshore team once. I did no favours to them.
                    Thanks GitMaster...that is my feelings!

Comment

Working...
                    X