• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apply for a new SC when the current one didn't expire?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zsat01 View Post
    Thank you
    I'm surprised they didn't know in the first place
    So the new SC will be tied to the new sponsor and what happens to the old one ? Will it be deactivated?
    Your 'old' SC will remain with the company that held it....after 12 months of non-use it will become un-useable (technically they 'lapse' as soon as you leave the company but then can be transferred to another company for up to 12 months).

Your 'new' SC will be in use as normal.

If you start a second role which also requires an SC then you could transfer your old clearance to it which is useful as I don't believe a single clearance can be 'split' between two companies at the same time.

One thing I'd do is email UKSV and ask for a record of where each SC is held and their respective references (FYI: UKSV call them 'Case IDs) and lapse date for the old one.

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post
      Your 'old' SC will remain with the company that held it....after 12 months of non-use it will become un-useable (technically they 'lapse' as soon as you leave the company but then can be transferred to another company for up to 12 months).

If you start a second role which also requires an SC then you could transfer your old clearance to it which is useful as I don't believe a single clearance can be 'split' between two companies at the same time.

One thing I'd do is email UKSV and ask for a record of where each SC is held and their respective references (FYI: UKSV call them 'Case IDs) and lapse date for the old one.
      Thank you

So it is possible to have 2 SC one for each sponsor ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zsat01 View Post
        Thank you

So it is possible to have 2 SC one for each sponsor ?
        In the same way that it's perfectly possible to have two entirely different set of criteria for the clearance needed for two separate roles...

For example, the police refuse clearance for different things to the MOD. All the vetting services do is verify what's on the forms, the end organisation decides what to do with them and what is and isn't relevant.

People think clearance is a single pass or fail decision. It isn't.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post

Pretty sure they ask for a share of the SC my sponsor is a large company that transferred a share of my SC to the other one

Comment

Originally posted by mikedesign View Post
            Pretty sure they ask for a share of the SC my sponsor is a large company that transferred a share of my SC to the other one
            no they don't.
            There is no sharing.
            They will have checked that your SC is valid and the company vetting department will have decided they are satisfied with that and allow you to work.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Sharing high security clearance?? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Sharing high security clearance?? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
                my mate has DV. Do you think he can lend it to me to get this new job I've just seen?
                It's a really good rate. I'll pay him for it.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Well there's a clue for you. "Large companies" are not government Departments and don't get close to meeting the care exercised by those Departments and inside the wire agencies. Which is why if you have company - yes, even List-X - clearance you will be re-vetted if you move to a government client (explicitly or quietly, depending on the original company and how well they are regarded by the security teams).

Similarly, IME commercial companies treat clearance as belonging to the worker. It doesn't, as has been said many times, so "passing it around" is not an option outside their own little world.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                  X