• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apply for a new SC when the current one didn't expire?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apply for a new SC when the current one didn't expire?

Hi all

I'm wondering if anyone has been in this situation ?

I've an active security clearance which I got last year ( from a gov dept ) Now I got a new role from a different public sector dept (finance) and I've been send the forms to complete the application for a new SC

Is it even common to ask me to fill a new form for SC? ( When I've an active one already )

Will I end up having 2 SC one for each dept?

Please let me know

Regards

Originally posted by Zsat01 View Post
    Hi all

I'm wondering if anyone has been in this situation ?

I've an active security clearance which I got last year ( from a gov dept ) Now I got a new role from a different public sector dept (finance) and I've been send the forms to complete the application for a new SC

Is it even common to ask me to fill a new form for SC? ( When I've an active one already )

Will I end up having 2 SC one for each dept?

Please let me know

Regards
    It's fine.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Did you tell them you already hold clearance? It is usually transfered but SC is technically with the role not the person so quite understandable if it needs to be applied for again... Just unusual.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Did you tell them you already hold clearance? It is usually transfered but SC is technically with the role not the person so quite understandable if it needs to be applied for again... Just unusual.
        Or...

The new people don't accept the previous SC clearance, for any of several reasons.

Whatever, you can't do anything about it, just flog through the forms again and see what happens
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Am I the only one thinking ...

"you lucky, lucky, lucky b****" ?? (as in monty python)

This is a nice problem to have
          Last edited by CheeseSlice; 20 November 2020, 19:15.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Thank you
            I'm surprised they didn't know in the first place
            So the new SC will be tied to the new sponsor and what happens to the old one ? Will it be deactivated?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              Am I the only one thinking ...

"you lucky, lucky, lucky b****" ?? (as in monty python)

This is a nice problem to have
              Thank you

Ha ha It does feel very stressful

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Or...

The new people don't accept the previous SC clearance, for any of several reasons.

Whatever, you can't do anything about it, just flog through the forms again and see what happens
                Thank you

The recruiters / HR are a nuisance, they don't seem to know the difference between BPSS & SC

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  It's fine.
                  Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Zsat01 View Post
                    Thank you
                    I'm surprised they didn't know in the first place
                    So the new SC will be tied to the new sponsor and what happens to the old one ? Will it be deactivated?
                    It's transfered.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X