• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this something to be worried?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antman View Post
    Can't believe no one picked up some pun for the urine tests for water, this place is going down the pan!!!
    FTFY (can't believe you didn't take the opportunity)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Did you look for a higher-paying permanent role once you had the experience of doing his work as well? If you can do two workloads then you can handle it.
      Yes, I was looking for any suitable opportunity, either permanent or contract, either inside or outside.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        What markup is your agent on?
        I have no idea of it.

Comment

Originally posted by helger View Post
          Thanks for this insight. I never thought I should tell my line manager at the stage of looking. I feel my life at the company would be more difficult if I let the manager know such early. But it is interesting to know how others handle this kind of situation.
          You don't have a line manager. Only permies and perma-tractors have line managers.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Got an update from the agent: Due to the year end reason, the current year's budget of the client is sufficient for a 3 months contract (i.e. reduced from the original proposed 6 months contract). He assured me at the 3 months end, the client would extend it using their next year's fund.

Since anything is better than nothing, I immediately replied this is OK for me. The agent said he will come back to the client and should get the sign off shortly. Let me see how shortly that can be...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You don't have a line manager. Only permies and perma-tractors have line managers.
              Yes, that reply was talking about resigning from the current permanent role.

Comment

He [the agent] assured me at the 3 months end, the client would..
                Hopefully having come this far, you now understand the meaning of "empty promises".
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

Got an update from the agent: Due to the year end reason, the current year's budget of the client is sufficient for a 3 months contract (i.e. reduced from the original proposed 6 months contract). He assured me at the 3 months end, the client would extend it using their next year's fund.

Since anything is better than nothing, I immediately replied this is OK for me. The agent said he will come back to the client and should get the sign off shortly. Let me see how shortly that can be...
                  "Due to year end reasons". Ah, that makes sense, because there's no way the client or the agent will have known about there being year end when you were offered a 6 month contract.

Good luck, and I really do hope it gets extended further, but the agent will have said that whether on not the client said it. He's not in a position to "assure" you of that.
                  Last edited by Paralytic; 26 November 2020, 15:34.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    You do when you're talking about the line manager of your permie job you're quitting. Don't put attention to detail as one of your strengths fella.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Yes, that reply was talking about resigning from the current permanent role.
                      It is okay, NLUK is invested in so many threads he sometimes forgets the context of some of the posts. Forgive him.
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X