Is this something to be worried? Is this something to be worried? - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Posts 81 to 90 of 93

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by helger View Post
    Got an update from the agent: Due to the year end reason, the current year's budget of the client is sufficient for a 3 months contract (i.e. reduced from the original proposed 6 months contract). He assured me at the 3 months end, the client would extend it using their next year's fund.

Since anything is better than nothing, I immediately replied this is OK for me. The agent said he will come back to the client and should get the sign off shortly. Let me see how shortly that can be...
    I wish agents could be subjected to some lie detector tests, that way our time wont be wasted listening to such crap.

I hope you are still actively looking and if you get another role, do not look back. In your favour, since you have handed in your papers, you are immediately available, which might get you a new role soon.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    It is okay, NLUK is invested in so many threads he sometimes forgets the context of some of the posts. Forgive him.
    Going soft in your old age?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Double Godlike!

Got an update from the agent: Due to the year end reason, the current year's budget of the client is sufficient for a 3 months contract (i.e. reduced from the original proposed 6 months contract). He assured me at the 3 months end, the client would extend it using their next year's fund.

Since anything is better than nothing, I immediately replied this is OK for me. The agent said he will come back to the client and should get the sign off shortly. Let me see how shortly that can be...
    Three months is better than nothing. Live like you're not getting paid any more initially (barring a little treat with your first pay packet).
    Build a buffer in case it doesn't last past the three months. Keep looking until you're actually working for the end client but don't tell the agent that.
    Don't turn anything down until the day you've started one.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    You do when you're talking about the line manager of your permie job you're quitting. Don't put attention to detail as one of your strengths fella.
    It was a general point to help the poster in his future contracting career of course....

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    It was a general point to help the poster in his future contracting career of course....

Of course dear.

Still gathering requirements...

helger, you should have stayed at your perm role and only after getting a firm start date and the work laptop shipped to you, you should have left your perm role.

I had a similar experience years ago. I was on a 1 month contract ( just a 5 min phone interview and I got the job ). I started applying and an agent got me a 2 months contract. He even said I will be starting in a week's time. I left my contract 1 week early but the start date for the new contract kept being moved back. Meanwhile, I had no interviews for the new contract either! Luckily, few weeks later, I had an interview and some weeks later, I was able to start. But, all in all, I was left unpaid for a month.

Don't trust clients or agents.

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    I wish agents could be subjected to some lie detector tests, that way our time wont be wasted listening to such crap.
    Check whether their lips are moving.

Still gathering requirements...

Update: Finally got the laptop and started onboarding today, which is 3 days later than originally agreed.

Question: No one tells me to change the start date, although it is 3 days late. My status is an agency worker on an inside IR35 contract between the agent and me. I am using the agent's payroll. Does anyone knows if I will be paid for these 3 days waiting time or is it unpaid?

Godlike

Update: Finally got the laptop and started onboarding today, which is 3 days later than originally agreed.

Question: No one tells me to change the start date, although it is 3 days late. My status is an agency worker on an inside IR35 contract between the agent and me. I am using the agent's payroll. Does anyone knows if I will be paid for these 3 days waiting time or is it unpaid?
    depends what's on your timesheet as that's how they determine what to pay you.
    See if they'll sign it with those 3 days on. Don't be surprised if they tell you to F*** off.
    See You Next Tuesday

Super poster

Question: Does anyone knows if I will be paid for these 3 days waiting time or is it unpaid?
    Have you ever thought of pitching these - nine pages and counting so far - of questions at the client or the agent?

Crazy idea, I know.
    nomadd liked this post