• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this something to be worried?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Why on God's earth are you quitting a perm role in the middle of a pandemic with no end in site and a massive IR35 change on its way?
    This and close thread nothing else to say about it!

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
      This and close thread nothing else to say about it!
      Keep it open - I'm hoping the OP can come back and update us in the next few weeks. I hope its not bad news, but if it is, it might act as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by helger View Post
        The agent started the background check via a 3rd party screening company, which is completed now and no problem from it.
        Agency starting background check and not the bank is a bit odd. Did the background check notify you who their client was?
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

This is an inside IR35 contract, so IR35 change is not applicable here.

I was tempted by the inside contract rate vs my salary, hence the decision.
          This is never a good idea. You have left a safe permanent job to go into a contract where you can be canned any moment and then spend months looking for a new role.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Did you do anything in those 3 weeks? In particular, do you think if it helps to chase up the agent on a daily basis? In addition, I could try to contact the hiring manager at the client side directly via LinkedIn to understand what happened, but I am not sure if this is the right thing to do, or does it help at all?
            I was in contact with the agent regularly. I was tempted to contact them directly but decided that would be a bad idea. They were just slow in releasing the role, just busy doing other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
              I was in contact with the agent regularly. I was tempted to contact them directly but decided that would be a bad idea. They were just slow in releasing the role, just busy doing other stuff.
              warning will robinson warning

When I got a role signed off at the bank (hundreds over the year’s) I sent approval email to onboard team and expected them to have the contact out to the agent same day, next day at most

Your role is not signed off yet

P.S

Start the Disclosurescotland now, will take 3 weeks and agent won’t ask you to do this before background checks complete, where you will ask , will did you not ask me this weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                This is never a good idea. You have left a safe permanent job to go into a contract where you can be canned any moment and then spend months looking for a new role.
                Safe permanent job? Do you pay attention to whats going on right now? There are no safe jobs right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
                  Safe permanent job? Do you pay attention to whats going on right now? There are no safe jobs right now.
                  There isn't but it's not a bad assumption you'll fare better as a perm than a contractor in these times. Contractors will be going first before the perms so naturally perm is 'safer'. Many exceptions to the rule of course.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
                    NHS permie jobs are pretty safe (Covid risk aside).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      NHS permie jobs are pretty safe (Covid risk aside).
                      cabinet minister jobs are really safe right now.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X