• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silverlight1 View Post
    I said "but I earn £700 in a day!!"

Wouldn't budge, ridiculous...
    No you don't.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by silent bob View Post
      Not really sure if I've put this in the correct section, but anyway
      My mortgage is due for renewal, so my contractor mortgage bloke has been in touch with some figures for my next fixed rate.
      However, in my online mortgage banking app, it's offering me the same deal but a few quid less than he's quoted.
      Are there any issues with me taking up the online offer?
      Just wasn't sure if that was geared towards a more normal mortgage (ie. for a permie rather then contractor), and may cause me issues further down the line. Or whether they'll already know I'm a contractor as I've always been a contractor since having my mortgage with them???
      Just wondering if anyone can shed any light? or have pearls of wisdom???
      The broker gets paid what is know as a "proc fee" and then adds on a "broker fee". The few pounds maybe the broker fee.

It's really down to how much you value his "being in touch".

Comment

Originally posted by zonkkk View Post
        I did exactly this with Nationwide last year, after my broker didn't return my calls. Everything done online in 20min, they didn't ask for any documents. I'm on 1.19% variable rate and there was no fee. I actually got paid cashback too. No solicitor fees either as it was the same lender.
        Hardly surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          No you don't.
          Dear Northern Lad

You were a "personality" on this forum in 2011.

10 years later in 2021 maybe give it a break so you don't add the moniker "disorder" to the personality.

The constant posting, carping and superiority is wearing!

Comment

Dear Northern Lad

You were a "personality" on this forum in 2011.

10 years later in 2021 maybe give it a break so you don't add the moniker "disorder" to the personality.

Nothing superior, just a black and white fact. You don't earn £700 a day which is key fsct when talking to a mortgage advisor. If you claimed that you'd be committing fraud. Just pointing it out as it's a very common mistake new contractors make.

P. S. I won it this year at the CUK Awards but there was a technical hitch and the stream ended before they announced it. They've not sent me email confirmation uet either but we do have a pandemic going on so the delay is understandable.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 3 January 2021, 00:12.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Nothing superior, just a black and white fact. You don't earn £700 a day which is key fsct when talking to a mortgage advisor. If you claimed that you'd be committing fraud. Just pointing it out as it's a very common mistake new contractors make.

P. S. I won it this year at the CUK Awards but there was a technical hitch and the stream ended before they announced it. They've not sent me email confirmation uet either but we do have a pandemic going on so the delay is understandable.
              That's strange as I was told that Scooter won this year's poster of the year award for his insightful share analysis.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                That's strange as I was told that Scooter won this year's poster of the year award for his insightful share analysis.
                I was told it was due to graph quality.

Comment

Dear Northern Lad

You are wasting your breath there, he will never stop, has no job at all or one that takes so little effort he can spend the entire day posting tripe on here. Just add him to block and move on like I have done.

Comment

Working...
                  X