• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My client asked me to switch recruitment agency, can I do that?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the end client confirm they are not paying the agency anymore?
    Will the agency still pay you for work completed? Did you opt-out?
    Although from your post it looks like the end client is in financial trouble or has an issue with the agency, it may also be the agency that is in trouble

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Did the end client confirm they are not paying the agency anymore?
      Will the agency still pay you for work completed? Did you opt-out?
      Although from your post it looks like the end client is in financial trouble or has an issue with the agency, it may also be the agency that is in trouble
      I do wish people would read
      Originally posted by commonsense View Post

I've recently received an email from the agency that my contract is now paused because the client owes them significant amount of money. They said that it will be restarted when they receive all the money.
      If the agency was in trouble the conversation would be far more - I've not been paid what can I do.

What I would suggest to the OP is to ask for the agency to pay any money outstanding and then you can afford to leave otherwise the OP will have money problems and may as well continue with agency 2 until they found another job (although personally I would be given up the client as a bad job and just enjoying a few days off from today while doing the Xmas shopping later this week before the weekend).
      Last edited by eek; 2 December 2020, 08:41.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I do wish people would read

If the agency was in trouble the conversation would be far more - I've not been paid what can I do.

What I would suggest to the OP is to ask for the agency to pay any money outstanding and then you can afford to leave otherwise the OP will have money problems and may as well continue with agency 2 until they found another job (although personally I would be given up the client as a bad job and just enjoying a few days off from today while doing the Xmas shopping later this week before the weekend).
        As I said I suspect it's the end client, but to believe an agency on its word is also very naive, would be good to hear the end client's story as well.
        And the OP didn't say whether he did get (or soon will get) paid for services already completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          As I said I suspect it's the end client, but to believe an agency on its word is also very naive, would be good to hear the end client's story as well.
          And the OP didn't say whether he did get (or soon will get) paid for services already completed.
          Why would an agency turn down income (especially if it was in trouble)? The modus operandi of an agency in trouble is to keep contractors working (while not paying them) until the day you close down.
          Last edited by eek; 2 December 2020, 09:46.

Comment

Sounds like the client is in trouble.
            Start looking for other work.

Rescuing this with another agent might sound attractive, and it's worthwhile pursuing, but if the client hasn't paid agency A for your work what makes you think they'll pay agency B.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Credit check the client and agency.

Does your contract specify that if the agency isn't paid, then you aren't?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
                Are the original agency still paying you, even though the client isn't paying them?
                I'm about to find out soon. So far the old agency was paying on time.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Credit check the client and agency.

Does your contract specify that if the agency isn't paid, then you aren't?
                  I've signed the "Opt Out of the Employment Agency and Employment Business Conduct Regulations" so I assume if the client won't pay agency A, then they are not required to pay me either, if I understand this correctly?

Comment

I've signed the "Opt Out of the Employment Agency and Employment Business Conduct Regulations" so I assume if the client won't pay agency A, then they are not required to pay me either, if I understand this correctly?
                    Some agencies will pay you after 30 days or whenever even though they have 90-day terms with the client.

The fact the want you to down tools means they likely haven't been paid.

You need to have an honest conversation with the agent.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Yes - assuming that the opt out is valid the agency won't need to pay you until they are paid.

You really need to speak to the agency about this as I believe the agency is just trying to politely warn you here - going elsewhere isn't going to solve any problems you have regarding being paid.

Finally if the agency hasn't paid you, you may find https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...paid-them.html useful to read when it comes to recovering money from the agency - chances are your opt out is invalid (although you will notice that some of us have different ideas as to at what point it needs to be asked for).

Comment

Working...
                      X