• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company formation pending

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company formation pending

I have a contract due to start shortly, it's for a European client via a UK agency.

If all goes to plan, it will also be my first contract with a company I'm setting up in my new country of residence.

However, company formation still needs a few days, it's slower than in the UK.

I could push the start date back, but given that IR35 is not so much of a concern in this contract chain, are there some contracts (NDA etc.) that I could sign in a personal capacity to get started at least in read-only mode (i.e. first days of any contract are usually spent reading through source code and documentation rather than making pull requests). Or has anyone backdated their contact start date?

Originally posted by zerosum View Post
    I have a contract due to start shortly, it's for a European client via a UK agency.

If all goes to plan, it will also be my first contract with a company I'm setting up in my new country of residence.

However, company formation still needs a few days, it's slower than in the UK.

I could push the start date back, but given that IR35 is not so much of a concern in this contract chain, are there some contracts (NDA etc.) that I could sign in a personal capacity to get started at least in read-only mode (i.e. first days of any contract are usually spent reading through source code and documentation rather than making pull requests). Or has anyone backdated their contact start date?
    you could work at risk.
    Don't bother backdating the contract, just get verbal agreement that you bill for the work done once you have a contract in place.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
    X