• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outstanding payments contested work - taking someone to court for unpaid debts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outstanding payments contested work - taking someone to court for unpaid debts

The final week of my contract was not paid by the agency I worked through.

This has led to me recently losing a contract because the client gave a negative verbal reference after I was ironically asked to supply a verbal reference despite them being happy with my work at the time which i suspect is down to them bringing in other people to do the work, and contractors get treated like absolute crap all the time by the staff on these client sites.

But the recruitment agent now claims bizarrely it’s all done there was no extra week. But I actually worked that week on this document and we chased payments for several months. He’s basically shut up shop on us despite the outstanding amount of money. (Please email for name of recruitment agency)

I’m now in the unenviable position of putting together a letter of action to start a legal process. Citizens advice advise to use a grievance procedure first despite the fact your a contractor not an employee.
    I found acas in this instant to be giving conflicting advice out.

Has anyone had a similar situation to deal with and how did they protect themselves from these types of troublemakers types that contests a baby isn’t a baby even if it’s born as a baby.

I'm sorry but I'm trying to work out exactly what your problem is?

Have you not been paid for the last week of work you did?

Do you have signed timesheets for that week

Why do you not have a late payment policy and why have you not followed it? As that's really simple, you send invoice, you send reminder, you pass it to safe-collections to deal with.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

How did not being paid directly lead to you losing a contract opportunity?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        How did not being paid directly lead to you losing a contract opportunity?
        reading between the lines, he slagged the client off and prospective new client decided that the OP is just trouble.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          reading between the lines, he slagged the client off and prospective new client decided that the OP is just trouble.
          Who says reputation isn't important for contractors as well as businesses.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Who says reputation isn't important for contractors as well as businesses.
            Psychocandy?

Comment

I wonder... https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...t=#post2830665
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You have got too emotional involved. Follow the process for pursuing non-payment outlined above.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  I wonder... [
                  Originally posted by Beiberbuffet View Post
                  Only if you like working with people who tell others to F off, get rid of people all the time, take credit for others work, don’t pay expenses when they claim they do, lie about the length of contracts or shorten them, assault you, refuse to introduce you to people so you can do your job properly, don’t talk directly to you unless it’s through a third or fourth person, try to force you into using different payment status despite you having a legal and verifiable payment status, or become extremely verbally hostile for absolutely no reason.

Try being a contractor at the clients I’ve had.

And some of those were in the top 100 employers in the country.
                  If everywhere you go smells of dog tulip - check your shoes.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    If everywhere you go smells of dog tulip - check your shoes.
                    Exactly this!

Comment

Working...
                    X