• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What age do you plan to semi-retire?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    But what does go down is routine expenditure. No mortgage, much lower insurance costs, no travel to work, less pressure to pack everything into a weekend at top prices. It all adds up.
    ^^This^^

I am around 1000 up already this month compared to some previous months last year and the year before.
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      But what does go down is routine expenditure. No mortgage, much lower insurance costs, no travel to work, less pressure to pack everything into a weekend at top prices. It all adds up.
      + kids moving out

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        + kids moving out
        That happened about 30 years ago...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

+ kids moving out
          Depends where you live.....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

+ kids moving out
            Or kids moving back in!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Or kids moving back in!
              If youmove to the backend of nowhere they won't move back in apparently, so I've been told....
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Work is valuable but that doesn't mean working for someone, if you don't need to. A lot of people retire then end up busier than ever working on their own business. Others become dedicated volunteers or take up a hobby as a 'job' e.g. music or writing or painting. Or study for its own sake, effectively becoming armchair academics.

Sitting doing naff all would soon become dull but all you need is a bit of land and maybe a few animals and you will never have time to be bored! A couple I know both 70ish work virtually full-time on their wonderful garden most of the year - it's like a show garden!
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X