• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suppling IT services to an EU based country from 1/1/21

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    note 8h)

after-sales service: installers, repair and maintenance personnel.......... essential to a seller's contractual obligation, supplying services...........pursuant to a service contract..... including computer software...

I paraphrase that a bit for brevity, but it reads to a layman like me, that you can do work on computer software, or computers, that have been sold to the EU party.
    Up to 90 days, without a visa.

that to me covers most of what we do as contractors.... (bum on seat permietractors clearly not included in that as they work for the client). It would mean that you have to sell a product rather than the service though.

I mean it's still tulip compared to what we had before.

On a different note. All my work abroad, outside the EU, has always been for 'meetings'. The work was always done 'remotely'. Honest guv. That has been fine for USA (under an ESTA), Japan (coughed up loads of yen at customs for the switch and firewall in the suitcase), China (with a non-work VISA), Norway (customs seized the server in the suitcase), South Korea, and Hong Kong.
    I used to work for an international engineering company and we went all over the world on tourist visas.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

The fact that Indian companies (and others) have been happily supplying IT Services and replacing contractors to the UK (whilst it was in the EU) for decades means that in my view the OP has nothing to worry himself about supplying IT Services to an Italian company post Brexit

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
        I think that the relevant question would be how do you invoice in relation to VAT?
        Any opinions on that?
        Not an expert, but I did give the agreement a read. It looks to me if the VAT arrangements will be the same in terms of reverse charging VAT on EU invoices.

Comment

Originally posted by silverlight1 View Post
          The fact that Indian companies (and others) have been happily supplying IT Services and replacing contractors to the UK (whilst it was in the EU) for decades means that in my view the OP has nothing to worry himself about supplying IT Services to an Italian company post Brexit
          What a ridiculous statement.

Comparing multi-billion dollar organisations with global reach to a PSC is just plain daft.

And even then you compound it by saying there’s nothing to worry about but provide no concrete suggestions on how exactly this can work. Just plain guesswork based on a totally flawed understanding.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by silverlight1 View Post
            Then you don't understand how Indian companies does it. Those mechanisms are generally not available to one-man PSCs.

Comment

Working...
            X