• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Running back to permie land

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
    Is it the salary or mindset that is making you quit?
    Not really the salary as I'm aware salaries are depressed everywhere at the moment.

I wouldnt really describe it as mindset but moreso the rubbish that comes along with it, such as:
    - very poor working practices
    - monthly probation meetings / weekly one-to-ones
    - heavy surveillance
    - micro-management
    - politics
    - game playing
    - a4se licking
    - my current firm is a large one and they're making us log our daily acitivties
    - 3 month notice period (after probation)
    - everyones been told no bonus for minimum 3 years

Covid has eroded working practices too, so its a total living nightmare. You know its bad when you'd rather be unemployed during a pandemic or on the dole!

Unrelated to question but at my firm there are staff who have covid and theyre still being made to work whilst their managers laugh it off. Utterly dispicable stuff. Has to be some kinda criminal offence...no humanity left. The corporate world was already bad but covid has turbo-charged it into a whole new monster.

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
      - heavy surveillance
      - micro-management
      - politics
      - game playing
      - a4se licking
      staff who have covid and theyre still being made to work whilst their managers laugh it off.
      I would take all of that (including the a4se licking ) for £650 a day out side ir35, but no way for a perm role (especially one with no bonus)
      Last edited by Fraidycat; 13 January 2021, 01:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
        I would take all of that (including the a4se licking ) for £650 a day out side ir35, but no way for a perm role (especially one with no bonus)
        Cool story bro.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Cool story bro.
          2:30 AM???

You shat the bed?
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Not really the salary as I'm aware salaries are depressed everywhere at the moment.

I wouldnt really describe it as mindset but moreso the rubbish that comes along with it, such as:
            - heavy surveillance
            - micro-management
            - politics
            - game playing
            - a4se licking

Covid has eroded working practices too, so its a total living nightmare. You know its bad when you'd rather be unemployed during a pandemic or on the dole!

Unrelated to question but at my firm there are staff who have covid and theyre still being made to work whilst their managers laugh it off. Utterly dispicable stuff. Has to be some kinda criminal offence...no humanity left. The corporate world was already bad but covid has turbo-charged it into a whole new monster.
            I've experienced most of those negative things you list, but not all in the same role. Sounds like a nightmare company to work for. That is so rubbish, I'd run for the hills as well if I was in your situation. Would you care sharing what sector this company is in?

I accepted a permie role for one of the companies I had already worked for, so at least I know what I'm going to find. It's actually the only company I've always said I would ever consider going back to

Comment

- heavy surveillance
              - micro-management
              - politics
              - game playing
              - a4se licking

We have also been asked to log our time on a spreadsheet. Request arrives the middle of the month so for two weeks we have to guess what we will spend each hour of the day doing.

Spreadsheet is distilled into a cell on a powerpoint pack and probably ignored.

Got to love being perm!

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                I've experienced most of those negative things you list, but not all in the same role. Sounds like a nightmare company to work for. That is so rubbish, I'd run for the hills as well if I was in your situation. Would you care sharing what sector this company is in?

I accepted a permie role for one of the companies I had already worked for, so at least I know what I'm going to find. It's actually the only company I've always said I would ever consider going back to
                Large company in Banking/FS. I reckon smaller companies would be good for permie roles, but the big ones treat employees very badly.

Originally posted by coolhandluke View Post
                We have also been asked to log our time on a spreadsheet. Request arrives the middle of the month so for two weeks we have to guess what we will spend each hour of the day doing.

Spreadsheet is distilled into a cell on a powerpoint pack and probably ignored.

Got to love being perm!
                That's not so bad! Ours is reviewed weekly. Might start logging my piss breaks

Comment

That's not so bad! Ours is reviewed weekly. Might start logging my piss breaks
                  At one company where I was permanent, prior to doing an organisational restructure, they asked us to log in our daily activities in "15-minutes blocks".

Every time I had to go to the loo and take a sh1te I logged it in under the "personal development" category

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                    At one company where I was permanent, prior to doing an organisational restructure, they asked us to log in our daily activities in "15-minutes blocks".

Every time I had to go to the loo and take a sh1te I logged it in under the "personal development" category
                    The bog is where people come up with some of their best ideas. Like plotting their resignation

Comment

Working...
                    X