• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HELP! Extension Day Rate Negotiation!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
    In my current (soon to end) role I am not sure if the think I am a consultant or contractor. Normally it is academic although a previous client started wanting me to do things like three days work in a fortnights time not realising I wasn't getting paid in the interim was a pain up until the point I got a better paid full time contract and waved them goodbye.
    I think the day rates most of us are on are contingent on being supplied a steady 5 days a week. I would probably double my rate if I was just getting work sporadically but i wouldn't turn it down.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
      Couple of times I have contracted direct were a real eye opener trying to get paid. Like it or not agents do serve a purpose for most of us.
      I work directly, get paid weekly. No pay - no work next week. Pretty simple really.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
        I think the day rates most of us are on are contingent on being supplied a steady 5 days a week. I would probably double my rate if I was just getting work sporadically but i wouldn't turn it down.
        It was better than nothing and eventually I found something better and never went back.

Comment

Working...
        X