• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two contractors - One LTD ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All good points but all based on being bum on seat contractors rather than running a real business.

This dilemma is a microcosm of LTD company contractor.

It did used to be that if two earners worked for the same LTD. it was a positive pointer towards being outside ( the old business entity tests).

There is no right or wrong though so seek professional advice and consider the points mentioned.
    Also consider death of one of the individuals involved as that too has a bearing.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      All good points but all based on being bum on seat contractors rather than running a real business.

This dilemma is a microcosm of LTD company contractor.

It did used to be that if two earners worked for the same LTD. it was a positive pointer towards being outside ( the old business entity tests).

There is no right or wrong though so seek professional advice and consider the points mentioned.
      Also consider death of one of the individuals involved as that too has a bearing.
      That reads as very sinister first time round....
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Fabulous advice and lots of food for thought so thank you for taking the time out to reply - off to speak to an accountant next.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          It did used to be that if two earners worked for the same LTD. it was a positive pointer towards being outside ( the old business entity tests)..
          I'm not sure it does. The only one that comes close was 'Assistance test - Does employ workers who bring in 25% of turnover? (Yes = 35pts)' which isn't just having two separate contractors, neither employed so I thought this was no help to us.

But it died in 2015 so whatever.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Were it not for agents often being awkward and stupid I would have suggested the same but I've had difficulty with agents in the past over the fact Mrs Eek is a director and 50% share holder.

And you don't want to lose a 6 month £50k contract for want of a stupid agent.
            You don't want to work with a stupid agent because they are likely to do other stupid things.

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
              You don't want to work with a stupid agent because they are likely to do other stupid things.
              Ideally you don't want to work with an agent, as I'm yet to find one that isn't capable of doing stupid things without warning

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
                Ideally you don't want to work with an agent, as I'm yet to find one that isn't stupid
                FTFY

Comment

Working...
                X