• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving to perm work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to perm work

Have a possible perm role in the offing but not been perm for 20 years! Have a few concerns as I’ve enjoyed contracting...I know it’s anyone’s guess and no one knows ...but what are people’s take on the likelihood of IR35 being postponed again? Do you think there will be a last minute reprieve like last March? Thanks ?

Not a hope. It's already in the Finance Bill. HMRC have rejected any and all suggestions that the timing is hopelessly and damagingly wrong and the Treasury will follow their lead. It won't even get mentioned in the Budget speech.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Not a hope. It's already in the Finance Bill. HMRC have rejected any and all suggestions that the timing is hopelessly and damagingly wrong and the Treasury will follow their lead. It won't even get mentioned in the Budget speech.
      Thanks, not what I wanted the hear but useful to know ...no chance then !!

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Totally agree with this, sadly.

Comment

I strongly believe that it will be postponed for one more year. But again, thats only my guess which is not based on any specific factual info.

Comment

I don't think IR35 is your biggest enemy right now as a contractor.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I wouldn't bet on it being delayed but then again I wouldn't bet against it. But then again it isn't the biggest problem at the moment so any port in a storm.

Comment

Working...
              X