• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fradulent mobile contract taken out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have now signed up to Experian's Credit Expert (for me as a person) and also a 3-month trial of Experian's My Business Report for the company.

The latter seems a bit useless as it doesn't tell me if anyone tried to open a new bank account in the company's name, like Credit Expert does.

Comment

Originally posted by OneManBand View Post
      I have now signed up to Experian's Credit Expert (for me as a person) and also a 3-month trial of Experian's My Business Report for the company.

The latter seems a bit useless as it doesn't tell me if anyone tried to open a new bank account in the company's name, like Credit Expert does.
      Maybe that's because no-one has tried to do that?

EDIT: CreditKarma.co.uk is free, no need to pay for Credit Expert if you just want the ability to quickly check your personal credit report.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Maybe that's because no-one has tried to do that?
        No they have. See my comment from a few hours ago.

Comment

Originally posted by OneManBand View Post
          No they have. See my comment from a few hours ago.
          Have they actually set up an account in your company's name though? It's possible, yes, but it's also possible to set up a direct debit to any account and have the contract in yourCo's name.

Comment

This may also be a useful resource for getting free access to your company credit score (detailed reports still have to be paid for)

5 Easy Ways to Check Your Business Credit Score for Free - Business 2 Community

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Have they actually set up an account in your company's name though? It's possible, yes, but it's also possible to set up a direct debit to any account and have the contract in yourCo's name.
              Yes. In the DD notification letter it clearly shows the account name as my company's name.

Comment

Working...
              X