• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Service Agreements with new client - legal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service Agreements with new client - legal

Hi there,

I've been following this forum for some years.

I'd like to describe a scenario of my Ltd and ask for advice.

I have an opportunity with a new IT company as an IT contractor.
    The company sent me an agreement to sign which covers my company's obligations (data security, insurance, ..).

Previous contracts with similar clients in size and complexity didn't have such requirements, so I'd like to understand whether there are different scenarios and my Ltd could be just considered as a "simple service provider" without the requisites that are usually requested for larger service providers?
    Is this usual as far as you are aware?

I would like to avoid additional costs (see insurance) for a 3 month contract.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Ldter View Post
    Hi there,

I've been following this forum for some years.

I'd like to describe a scenario of my Ltd and ask for advice.

I have an opportunity with a new IT company as an IT contractor.
    The company sent me an agreement to sign which covers my company's obligations (data security, insurance, ..).

Previous contracts with similar clients in size and complexity didn't have such requirements, so I'd like to understand whether there are different scenarios and my Ltd could be just considered as a "simple service provider" without the requisites that are usually requested for larger service providers?
    Is this usual as far as you are aware?

I would like to avoid additional costs (see insurance) for a 3 month contract.

Thanks.
    You don't have professional indemnity insurance?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It's the cost of doing business I'm afraid so should always have it even if its not stipulated in the contract. It's a few hundred quid. Buy it and get on with it.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        It's the cost of doing business I'm afraid so should always have it even if its not stipulated in the contract. It's a few hundred quid. Buy it and get on with it.
        Thanks all for you answers.
        Is there a list of suggested business insurances for IT Contractors on here?

Comment

Always used Hiscox in the past

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

QDOS. They can also do all the IR35 contract checks and IR35 cover I'm assuming you have also been skipping to save a penny or two.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

QDOS are the insurers that I, and most contractors that I know use. Their products are competitive, and their portal is easy to use. It displays all your products (historical & current) purchased in a clear view, and the ability to upload contracts for review is excellent (you get free IR35 reviews as a policyholder). When they have completed the review, it appears in your portal as a PDF in the first instance.

There are other insurers available.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
              X