• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inside IR35: working practises

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David71 View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

I get the financial impact of IR35 and how it works etc. but was wondering if it had a wider impact on the day to day working conditions.

Looking at your experiences it generally doesn't and is just a pure cash grab.

Cheers
    In theory clients could become more controlling if they know you are inside IR35/brolly.
    Although most clients were pretty controlling in the past anyway when they shouldn't have been, so probably doesn't make much difference in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post
      Thanks for the replies.

I get the financial impact of IR35 and how it works etc. but was wondering if it had a wider impact on the day to day working conditions.

Looking at your experiences it generally doesn't and is just a pure cash grab.

Cheers
      I do think if you try not to look at it from the simple absolutes you might understand it all better. It's a complex taxation issue around the way a client sees you v you see yourself, 'not just a cash grab'. Putting it so bluntly means you aren't understanding the nuances which then makes it difficult to work out the knock on of those nuances if you get me.

Stop thinking so one dimensionally and lots more will become apparant.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        You'd probably be wrong then. IR35 is about taxation. Nothing more. There are controls in the contract that make it an IR35 friendly contract but those are often forgotten about when you hit the clients office. The client managers rarely have a clue what is in the contract and will just treat you as they treat you. Whether you are inside or outside won't matter a jot to them and I'll bet they often won't know. Some will understand you are a contractor and how you work, many others won't and just see you as a temp resource regardless of status. If they want to give you more work or move you on to other stuff they will. There is only you that cares about your status and getting SoW's to cover yourself etc.
        nluk is correct.....
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X