• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Want Reciprocal Links?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Links

I have just had a word with Google as i know a contact there and google continue to rank sites by links not only within there engine but also by partner affiliates they have. So the more links with sites that are relevant the better.

Comment

"As a matter of interest where did you get that info - most engines are very secretive about their methods of ranking".

It was on www.TheRegister.co.uk on the day that I posted (or it might have been the day before).

Google wouldn't reveal their new algorithm, but said that too many people had been link bombing to get high rankings and they've sorted it out with their new rules.

Comment

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote>Quote:<hr> We'd be happy to exchange links to www.crickett.co.uk, I wouldn't know what to do to a mainframe :-)<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END-->

Hi brothers crickett - did you get my email, supplying a link + logo and asking for the same from U? - sent about 2 weeks ago.

Comment

link.

This done.

Afraid some work got in the way...

Regards, S

Comment

Re: link.

At last we've been indexed by google on our target phrase "mainframe programmer" and managed the first page of results. Time to think up a few more phrases and start optimising some pages for those

Comment

Re: link.

Google Adwords produce results, and is relatively cheap too.

Comment

Working...
              X