• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Delays in payments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delays in payments

I have recently gone ltd and chose cater allen as my business bank, however due to a massive influx of applications my account is still not open therefore my agency Badenoch and Clark cannot pay me. However my previous agency
    did pay my invoice from my ltd company into own personel bank account.

Is there any reason your aware of, why Badenoch and Clark wont ?

Also do you know of any banks that can open a business account for a ltd co
    quickly so I can get some cash in.

Cheers

You could always get B&C to pay by cheque and take it to Cash Converters...
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP
      Becuase they are trying to save you ass.

Go become a permie. I see now mhy MSCs were a good idea for people with no ******* clue as to how a person is not a Ltd company and if you were running it for any other reason than tax evasion you would have known this.

Comment

"my previous agency did pay my invoice from my ltd company into own personel bank account"

How the hell did they manage that ? - should look good when you do your end of year accounts !!!
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP
          Because it's the right thing for them to do.

Paying the money into your personal account won't discharge the debt to the company.

If YourCo were to chase the agency for payment of the outstanding debt they would be at risk of having to pay again.

It is agency 1, not agency 2 that technically got it wrong here. Though that is not to say that some agents are 'nice' about these things and "take the chance".

tim

Comment

thanks tim, I bit more constructive advise than I received above.

Originally posted by tim123
            Because it's the right thing for them to do.

Paying the money into your personal account won't discharge the debt to the company.

If YourCo were to chase the agency for payment of the outstanding debt they would be at risk of having to pay again.

It is agency 1, not agency 2 that technically got it wrong here. Though that is not to say that some agents are 'nice' about these things and "take the chance".

tim

Comment

I think as long as you are able to show that the money eventually went to the ltd company there is no reason why they should refuse to transfer the money to an account that the ltd company has nominated.
              i think as long as agency 2 are able to show that they sent money to an that you nominated there should be no problem.

check your memorandum and articles of association!

The fastest way for you to open an account for your business is probably to use the same bank as you use for your personal account, and you might have to go into the branch for this. at least that was my experience
              We’re given little to no time for proper analysis and design, and, when we ask management about hiring professional testers and setting up a QA process—well, I’ve seen deer in my headlights look less stunned

-- The Career Programmer

sibantubanye

Comment

I've contracted via Badenoch and Clark. I believe they will make out cheques to your Ltd. for a limited period (a few weeks?). Ask them. From theit website:

Caution on Cheque Payments

If we do not receive your bank details, there is no other option but to make payment via cheque. This form of payment takes longer to clear into your account, and should you require the cancellation of a cheque for any reason there is a £10 charge for administration. However, this charge will be waived if the cheque is returned directly to us

Comment

I bet that £10 cancellation thing doesn't happen much.

"hello Mr Badenoch (or Clark),
                  Thanks for the cheque. But I've decided I don't want your money after all. Please could you cancel it, just to stop me accidentally sleepwalking to the bank and paying it in? Of course, here's £10 to for the inconvenience".

Comment

Working...
                  X