• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prezzies from your Pimp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~Craig~ View Post
    okay so the verdict is that they're all tight-fisted 2@'s
    My pimp would be most offended by your accusation, given that he's just furnished me with an agency-branded, leather-look 2008 pocket diary complete with gold writing on the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
      My pimp would be most offended by your accusation, given that he's just furnished me with an agency-branded, leather-look 2008 pocket diary complete with gold writing on the outside.
      my gf always finds those great - she is old-fashioned and doesn't keep things on a computer!

Comment

I've previously had a lunch or two and a leatherette diary. One agency brought in a load of tins of quality street for the contractors and bottles of cheap fizz for the managers.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
          oooh I take that back then!

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~ View Post
            Own up then, who has got any kind of gift from their Pimp/Agency at Christmas?

There must be a few of you out there who have received the odd ham....
            Well I have been taken out for a medium cappucino this week if that counts.
            The best gift would actually be paying my invoices on time!!

Comment

I did receive an offer for a meal in an Italian restaurant, but politely told the pimp "I don't accept gifts on principle". He asked me to elaborate so, I said, "Gifts can beholden people, and I don't like owing anybody anything".

He got the message.
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                I did receive an offer for a meal in an Italian restaurant, but politely told the pimp "I don't accept gifts on principle". He asked me to elaborate so, I said, "Gifts can beholden people, and I don't like owing anybody anything".

He got the message.
                But its not a gift. Its expected. Part of the package...

Comment

I pimped for Hays in Leeds for 2 years. One Christmas I was bought a cup of coffee in a bar in Greek St.

Complete tw@s. I know they were skimming at least 25% (it was my first contract and I was bit green in them days)
                  Blood in your poo

Comment

My pimp took me and line manager for lunch at Gaucho for xmas this year

Never got anything for Xmas from an EB before tho...

Comment

He got the message.

Yes I am sure he did.. but not the message you were tryng to give.....

Comment

Working...
                      X