• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How Many Contract Technical Architects Are There?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Many Contract Technical Architects Are There?

Hi

A silly question really about long-term contracting?

Are there such people such as contract technical architects, contract team leaders, or other contract senior managers out there in the IT market place?

If there are, I am assuming they only work 7 months of the years, because they must earning in excessive of 600 pd and also there is less demand for this sort of high-level work.

Is this a false assumption?

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
    Hi

Are there such people such as contract technical architects, contract team leaders, or other contract senior managers out there in the IT market place?

If there are, I am assuming they only work 7 months of the years, because they must earning in excessive of 600 pd and also there is less demand for this sort of high-level work.

Yes there are - the ones I've worked with have typically been hired for 6-12 months by people they know on the business side of projects. Their rates are at least 600 pd and can be much higher.

One contract programme director I worked with was rumored to be making 1200 pd. He lived in Thailand between contracts and rented a house in Notting Hill for the duration of his contract in London.

I can only dream for now
    Last edited by beaker; 22 February 2008, 19:44.
    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
      Hi

Yes, it is a false assumption.

First, there's no definition of a "technical architect". Second I've worked as a team lead as anything, in current terms, from £300-£700 a day. Third, I've seen interim manager roles as low as £400 a day.

What happens is that as you get known in your area, you are able to charge more.

Last year I worked 9 months. By choice.
      Last edited by NotAllThere; 22 February 2008, 20:07.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
      X