• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extension !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, got a 6 month extension today as well whoop, whoop. Public sector ain't all that bad after all
    The answer is never

Comment

Oh didn't I mention, I also got extended for 6 months... but no rate rise either

Still, happy days until the 6 months are up, then we'll see where we stand.

Comment

I only got a one month extension taking me up to the end of March! Client says they want all contractors to start/end at the same point in time.

Whats that all about? I would worry but it does seem that all the other contractors have been hit with the same and not just me!

Any ideas?

Comment

Here's a calamity of contradictions. Working on a contract for a former permie company on fairly good rate since mid Feb 07. Broken their 51 week rule to deliver a programme, asked to extend 1 extra month to end April then all contractors definitely out!!
          Now being lined up for one of their clients as PM delivering data migration programme onsite, 50% increase in rate, plus they will add a % themselves, but for over a year!!!! pimping me up!
          What happened to their "contractors out" statement? Oh yes, they're making money out of me so this goes out the window?!

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyP View Post
            I only got a one month extension taking me up to the end of March! Client says they want all contractors to start/end at the same point in time.

Whats that all about? I would worry but it does seem that all the other contractors have been hit with the same and not just me!

Any ideas?
            Probably don't know if they will have any budget for contractors in the next financial year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
              Probably don't know if they will have any budget for contractors in the next financial year.
              Great.

Comment

Yup - sounds like a budget fiddle. It's a contractor vs. contractor situation - bag yourself a piece of work with a deliverable >1 month ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
                  Are you working there for free though?
                  Hell no, but I am workking for well below my normal daily rate.
                  "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                  "See?"

Comment

Working...
                  X