• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what does this opt in/out mean? i am with an umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what does this opt in/out mean? i am with an umbrella

lol man i decided to change this thread, man i can just sense from the dipsy agency member from a certain large IT recruitment agency that i could get away with asking for more money, currenly in the process of confirming my referees and dealing with the admin, it was actually another smaller IT agency that called me originally to arrange the interview and get the job, now im getting paid via Hays IT, i suspect the agreed amount i could up it some what, and they do need me on this project for a large blue chip company , since its a Security cleared job and they have spent ages confirming my dates of employment, i originally got this thought about asking for more when the first agent said are you happy with xxx, and I could almost sense the Hays IT women almost feel awkard about saying are you happy with this amount.
    I wouldnt be surprised if this blue chip company are paying hays a mega amount per day for me, so maybe i should ask for an increase?
    Last edited by trsisko; 6 March 2008, 11:50. Reason: change of subject, be done to death anyway

Umbrella = Opt In

LTD Co = Opt In unless they refuse to give you an IR35 compliment contract unless you opt out.

Opting In/Out has no effect on your IR35 status and just means that the agency have to pay you on time, and check that your references are valid.

Comment

PLEASE - do a search for "Agency Regulations" it's been done to death.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

yes sorry, but thanks for the advice hehe

Comment

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
          lol man i decided to change this thread, man i can just sense from the dipsy agency member from a certain large IT recruitment agency that i could get away with asking for more money, currenly in the process of confirming my referees and dealing with the admin, it was actually another smaller IT agency that called me originally to arrange the interview and get the job, now im getting paid via Hays IT, i suspect the agreed amount i could up it some what, and they do need me on this project for a large blue chip company , since its a Security cleared job and they have spent ages confirming my dates of employment, i originally got this thought about asking for more when the first agent said are you happy with xxx, and I could almost sense the Hays IT women almost feel awkard about saying are you happy with this amount.
          I wouldnt be surprised if this blue chip company are paying hays a mega amount per day for me, so maybe i should ask for an increase?
          Were you absent when they taught spelling and paragraphs at school?

Comment

Good god. Is this how you communicate in real life? I'd hate to see you try explain any serious symptoms to a doctor.

"ere man its oozing innit wikkid geeza hurts man like having it large whateva"

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
              Good god. Is this how you communicate in real life? I'd hate to see you try explain any serious symptoms to a doctor.

"ere man its oozing innit wikkid geeza hurts man like having it large whateva"
              lol hehe

yeahbutnobut

Comment

Originally posted by Torran View Post
                lol hehe

yeahbutnobut

You disrespectin' me? You disrespectin' me and my fammlee?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
                  ... so maybe i should ask for an increase?
                  Good idea. Then maybe you could afford some remedial educational training.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                  X