• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software

Can anyone recommend a decent/semi decent self accountancy package?

I want to record, sales, expenses, payroll, timesheets and invoicing and if possible, reports and projections, all in the one place, and want something a bit better than excel.

I know some can be overly complex, and I would prefer summik that will give a usable demo for a period if poss.

Thanks in advance

JM

I picked up Quicken XG from a cover disk the other month and it looks pretty good. It also handles invoicing. As usual, there's a bit of setting up but the wizards seem fairly intelligent.

And it's cheap...

You could also check out MYOB business basics (just released)

Comment

Accounting Software

We launched our online accounting solution Liberty Accounts at the PCG annual conference back in October.

Upon signing up you will have access to your own demo company for evaluation purposes, you can also create your own company from scratch and have free access to that for a month.

For more information or a demo visit www.libertyaccounts.com.

Comment

Re: Accounting Software

What about Sage? They are supposed to be top product in its class. Prices from their site appear to be reasonable, even though they seem to try to force you take paid support contract for a few years, rather than just charing fixed fee per box.

Comment

Haven't checked for a while but one of the regulars Zathras used to have downloadable demo accountancy package on his site. Try looking on his link.

Comment

As a user of Sage for over 10 years, I don't think I'd recommend them. The level of software required to cover requirements is Line 50 Accountant+ which now costs loads (I started on a DOS version which was reasonably priced and just upgraded). The support costs are also extortionate; the last time they tried to sell it to me, the cost was over £400!

I'd stick with the lesser lights and save money; I'd certainly change if I had to replace my current software.

Comment

QuickBooks or you could look at www.eccountant.biz

and before anybody asks, no eccountant is nothing to do with me!

Comment

HOW MUCH!

I just got a quote from them, £80 a month.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it would be cheaper to ignore the tax man for a few years and then pay the fine!

Comment

Re: HOW MUCH!

quote from who? was that eccountant?

Comment

Working...
                  X