• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody Umbrella Co

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Torran View Post
    yup I'm agreeing that that mail was not for your eyes

Confirm your timesheets and then tell them to politely take a hike
    Agreed, i doubt they will get much more help from me now!!
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by stoopid brolly
      He finally contacted me, but is saying that as we made an error that took 8 months to rectify (address) and now the end client has changed management, they might not get paid themselves. So we won’t get paid.
      If I was director of the brolly I'd be starting court proceedings. Why do these idiot agencies think that if they don't get paid, they don't have to pay you/your ltdco/the brolly. ( Unless it's in the contract of course... ).

In any case. Not your problem. Unless you are asked to attend court to give evidence that you did the work, and it was all accepted.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        If I was director of the brolly I'd be starting court proceedings. Why do these idiot agencies think that if they don't get paid, they don't have to pay you/your ltdco/the brolly. ( Unless it's in the contract of course... ).

In any case. Not your problem. Unless you are asked to attend court to give evidence that you did the work, and it was all accepted.
        i've got copies of signed timesheets.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
          i finished my previous contract on 23 November, and the umbrella (former as of yesterday as i'm operating under myco) have just contacted me to tell me the following:

All approved timesheets have been sent by me. Part of their service was to pay me before they receive the invoice payment, therefore i feel this is their risk. i have asked Umbrella to send me copies of all the outstanding invoices that i emailed to them, and to send me the signed written contract where i agreed that they reclaim from me in the event of non-payment.

I have also phone and verbally informed my 'PA' that before they come chasing me, they need to prove they have started legal proceeding on Previous Agency. i've also left the previous agency a call to tell me what is going on.

As i'm now a MyCo and a member of PCGPlus can / will they offer advice? can anyone offer any advice of what more i can do?
          First off, have you got copies of the signed timesheets?

This is the most important. If the agency has not paid, then this is proof they owe the money. It would also forstall the brolly coming after you since you have proof that the work was done.

Comment

Originally posted by zathras View Post
            First off, have you got copies of the signed timesheets?

This is the most important. If the agency has not paid, then this is proof they owe the money. It would also forstall the brolly coming after you since you have proof that the work was done.
            yep, just gone through my mail from that client archive (its finally paid off copying everything when i leave!!) and forwarded to brolly the timesheet submissions sent to agency.

I have also stated that i've done that was required from me in our contract that they should rectify their mistakes and take it up with the agency in question...

i now wipe my hands of this whole incident!! (plus, they have paid me all outstanding monies, so they cant hold anything of mine! )

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
              yep, just gone through my mail from that client archive (its finally paid off copying everything when i leave!!) and forwarded to brolly the timesheet submissions sent to agency.

I have also stated that i've done that was required from me in our contract that they should rectify their mistakes and take it up with the agency in question...

i now wipe my hands of this whole incident!! (plus, they have paid me all outstanding monies, so they cant hold anything of mine! )
              scooby FTW!

Comment

Working...
              X