I just need to get two references ... I just need to get two references ... - Page 123
Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123
Posts 1,221 to 1,229 of 1229
  1. #1221

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hungry_hog View Post
    Investigo

    Client needs two refs and this is standard procedure

    Needs to send app next hour
    Some people have no shame.

  2. #1222

    Double Godlike!


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    12,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GigiBronz View Post
    Pimps don’t talk to each other, might confirm the dates but some of them are nasty and don’t do even that. Client might confirm the dates(some of them at least).
    Personal? Why? Is it a contract role?
    It's the agency you're confirming, not the agent.

    Agency admin staff are usually nice and efficient at handling these sort of things because they know if they don't, the other agency will be reciprocally bad and nobody will use either of them.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  3. #1223

    Fingers like lightning

    GigiBronz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    on the run
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Funny. Never seen that in 10+ years and never heard of it on here either.

    My most recent was 2 agents and one professional to cover a gap.

    It may be a contract but you as a person is attending site.
    Pimps or clients?
    I’m sure you’ve heard plenty of pimps not taking calls or providing references.
    Cousin is one, to be fair deals with both professionals and unprofessionals. He says he never gives references.
    But he is also a sociopath most likely.
    He also throws people out of the office because “they don’t resemble the photo on passport” when he does not like them.

    Clients might provide dates and names, had one of mine confirm that I was actually on site when a landlord was not happy with my application for tenancy. (LL quite an idiot, much surprised how he owes few prop in london, did not like the response from agent so I pointed him to the client, he got what he wanted In the end)

    Agent should be the first option but HR dep of client might confirm some information if they can’t reach the agent.

    Nobody gives anything in references of fear of litigation. They are pointless anyway. Personal? Who does not have a friend who can provide one. And if yes, if you are really a nut job, what can they do about it?
    They are just a pointless exercise to keep the appearance of trust in a dysfunctional system.

    Or agent is fishing for leads...
    Last edited by GigiBronz; 10th February 2020 at 16:42.

  4. #1224

    Double Godlike!


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    12,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GigiBronz View Post
    Pimps or clients?
    I’m sure you’ve heard plenty of pimps not taking calls or providing references.
    Cousin is one, to be fair deals with both professionals and unprofessionals. He says he never gives references.
    But he is also a sociopath most likely.
    He also throws people out of the office because “they don’t resemble the photo on passport” when he does not like them.

    Clients might provide dates and names, had one of mine confirm that I was actually on site when a landlord was not happy with my application for tenancy. (LL quite an idiot, much surprised how he owes few prop in london, did not like the response from agent so I pointed him to the client, he got what he wanted In the end)

    Agent should be the first option but HR dep of client might confirm some information if they can’t reach the agent.

    Nobody gives anything in references of fear of litigation. They are pointless anyway. Personal? Who does not have a friend who can provide one. And if yes, if you are really a nut job, what can they do about it?
    They are just a pointless exercise to keep the appearance of trust in a dysfunctional system.

    Or agent is fishing for leads...
    You're making far too much out of this.

    Pimps wanting two references up front are fishing and the dim or green'n'keen ones bite.
    The seasoned ones generally say that the clients don't give references but that the agencies will be happy to confirm that I contracted there should the need arise.
    If that's not enough then there's no gig in the offing anyway. THE END.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  5. #1225

    Ddraig Goch


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    10,479

    Default

    ROC are good for a wind up. I used to give them the number of the local Pizza Hut and tell them the managers name was Peter Hut.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

  6. #1226

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    ROC are good for a wind up. I used to give them the number of the local Pizza Hut and tell them the managers name was Peter Hut.
    Cool story bro. Come back and tell us another tomorrow. Actually, don't.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  7. #1227

    Super poster

    Eirikur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,930

    Default

    Who unstuck this thread?
    Anyway email today from Redrock consulting:

    This role is has unfortunately been filled internally.

    I do, however, like the look of your CV so I’d be very keen to get your information across to some of my colleagues if I may to see if there is any other work that might suit you.


    Just to avoid any duplication of roles with another agency, or if you’ve applied directly and we can help with an application, could you please send me the following information for roles you are in process of applying to;


    Company Name.
    Location.
    Job Role.
    Salary on offer.
    Whether you applied directly or through an agency.
    Hiring managers name if known.

  8. #1228

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    ROC are good for a wind up. I used to give them the number of the local Pizza Hut and tell them the managers name was Peter Hut.
    Risky business if Peter remembered what your sick record was like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  9. #1229

    Double Godlike!


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    12,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Who unstuck this thread?
    Anyway email today from Redrock consulting:

    This role is has unfortunately been filled internally.

    I do, however, like the look of your CV so I’d be very keen to get your information across to some of my colleagues if I may to see if there is any other work that might suit you.


    Just to avoid any duplication of roles with another agency, or if you’ve applied directly and we can help with an application, could you please send me the following information for roles you are in process of applying to;


    Company Name.
    Location.
    Job Role.
    Salary on offer.
    Whether you applied directly or through an agency.
    Hiring managers name if known.
    Translates as:
    "I'm that crap at recruiting, could you do my job for me please?"s
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •