• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just need to get two references ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hungry_hog View Post
    Investigo

Client needs two refs and this is standard procedure

Needs to send app next hour
    Some people have no shame.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
      Pimps don’t talk to each other, might confirm the dates but some of them are nasty and don’t do even that. Client might confirm the dates(some of them at least).
      Personal? Why? Is it a contract role?
      It's the agency you're confirming, not the agent.

Agency admin staff are usually nice and efficient at handling these sort of things because they know if they don't, the other agency will be reciprocally bad and nobody will use either of them.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Funny. Never seen that in 10+ years and never heard of it on here either.

My most recent was 2 agents and one professional to cover a gap.

It may be a contract but you as a person is attending site.
        Pimps or clients?
        I’m sure you’ve heard plenty of pimps not taking calls or providing references.
        Cousin is one, to be fair deals with both professionals and unprofessionals. He says he never gives references.
        But he is also a sociopath most likely.
        He also throws people out of the office because “they don’t resemble the photo on passport” when he does not like them.

Clients might provide dates and names, had one of mine confirm that I was actually on site when a landlord was not happy with my application for tenancy. (LL quite an idiot, much surprised how he owes few prop in london, did not like the response from agent so I pointed him to the client, he got what he wanted In the end)

Agent should be the first option but HR dep of client might confirm some information if they can’t reach the agent.

Nobody gives anything in references of fear of litigation. They are pointless anyway. Personal? Who does not have a friend who can provide one. And if yes, if you are really a nut job, what can they do about it?
        They are just a pointless exercise to keep the appearance of trust in a dysfunctional system.

Or agent is fishing for leads...
        Last edited by GigiBronz; 10 February 2020, 16:42.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
          Pimps or clients?
          I’m sure you’ve heard plenty of pimps not taking calls or providing references.
          Cousin is one, to be fair deals with both professionals and unprofessionals. He says he never gives references.
          But he is also a sociopath most likely.
          He also throws people out of the office because “they don’t resemble the photo on passport” when he does not like them.

Clients might provide dates and names, had one of mine confirm that I was actually on site when a landlord was not happy with my application for tenancy. (LL quite an idiot, much surprised how he owes few prop in london, did not like the response from agent so I pointed him to the client, he got what he wanted In the end)

Agent should be the first option but HR dep of client might confirm some information if they can’t reach the agent.

Nobody gives anything in references of fear of litigation. They are pointless anyway. Personal? Who does not have a friend who can provide one. And if yes, if you are really a nut job, what can they do about it?
          They are just a pointless exercise to keep the appearance of trust in a dysfunctional system.

Or agent is fishing for leads...
          You're making far too much out of this.

Pimps wanting two references up front are fishing and the dim or green'n'keen ones bite.
          The seasoned ones generally say that the clients don't give references but that the agencies will be happy to confirm that I contracted there should the need arise.
          If that's not enough then there's no gig in the offing anyway. THE END.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

ROC are good for a wind up. I used to give them the number of the local Pizza Hut and tell them the managers name was Peter Hut.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              ROC are good for a wind up. I used to give them the number of the local Pizza Hut and tell them the managers name was Peter Hut.
              Cool story bro. Come back and tell us another tomorrow. Actually, don't.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Who unstuck this thread?
                Anyway email today from Redrock consulting:

This role is has unfortunately been filled internally.

I do, however, like the look of your CV so I’d be very keen to get your information across to some of my colleagues if I may to see if there is any other work that might suit you.

Just to avoid any duplication of roles with another agency, or if you’ve applied directly and we can help with an application, could you please send me the following information for roles you are in process of applying to;

Company Name.
                Location.
                Job Role.
                Salary on offer.
                Whether you applied directly or through an agency.
                Hiring managers name if known.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Risky business if Peter remembered what your sick record was like.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    Who unstuck this thread?
                    Anyway email today from Redrock consulting:

This role is has unfortunately been filled internally.

I do, however, like the look of your CV so I’d be very keen to get your information across to some of my colleagues if I may to see if there is any other work that might suit you.

Just to avoid any duplication of roles with another agency, or if you’ve applied directly and we can help with an application, could you please send me the following information for roles you are in process of applying to;

Company Name.
                    Location.
                    Job Role.
                    Salary on offer.
                    Whether you applied directly or through an agency.
                    Hiring managers name if known.
                    Translates as:
                    "I'm that crap at recruiting, could you do my job for me please?"s

Comment

Working...
                    X