• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the Testing side of the contract market slow?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have been looking for a few weeks, am now out of contract and not having much luck with agents submitting my CV to clients.

Same old comments from agents with regards to not having the 'specific' skill set required and will not put me forward and will contact me if anything else comes up. most of the roles seem to be in the investment banking sector and I've not got any relevant experience.

Had dozens of calls for rouge roles asking for references/names of people i use to work with... but no 'jobs'.

on recruiting for a QA team three months back the quality of CV's sent via agents was very poor, as a result I'm confused and not sure what to do.

Depends on where you're prepared to work - saw one for Saudi 2 days ago on Jobserve that was for banking sector £500 p.d plus flights and accommodation.
    Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
      Depends on where you're prepared to work - saw one for Saudi 2 days ago on Jobserve that was for banking sector £500 p.d plus flights and accommodation.
      £5000 surely?

Comment

I sit next a gut who has Testing roles is Telford for a consultancy

Comment

Originally posted by Recruitment Agent View Post
          I sit next a gut who has Testing roles is Telford for a consultancy
          Git or guy?
          or is he just a fat c**t?
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            Git or guy?
            or is he just a fat c**t?
            all of the above

Comment

I'm in the same position. I send my CV off through JS and get no response; often if I call the agent they say they didn't get it. Or they got 150 (always 150, never 130 or 200!) and have already sent their quota into the client. Or they're on the other line and will call back............................

On the plus side, my CV is said to have gone forward to several clients but on the negative side, no interviews yet.

Comment

We have a few testing roles on at the moment in the City, but they all require candidate's with previous financial services experience and when we have tried submitting candidate's without the industry experience they are just rejected by the client's straight away.
                I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

I had a recent extension until May 2009 so don't need to worry yet but do check occasionaly to keep my eye out for the big offer...Couple of months ago there was nothing in testing (Test Manager) that i could go for but the other day i checked and there were loads....i'm midlands based so it appears to be fine here ?
                  Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by Another Dodgy Agent View Post
                    We have a few testing roles on at the moment in the City, but they all require candidate's with previous financial services experience and when we have tried submitting candidate's without the industry experience they are just rejected by the client's straight away.
                    require candidates who give us 5 references (oops... Leads) and we pretend to submit them and say thay have been rejected....

Comment

Working...
                    X