• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thoughts on the finance industry?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on the finance industry?

There appears to be a lot of contract ads relating to the finance industry -- and yet I've been reading in large print how a certain large investment bank has gone under! One of my friends down in London said she thought the financial sector would end up being a blood bath. Does anyone have any thoughts whether the quant market is worth bothering to apply for? Given the dire state of the banks, do the ads suggest a bit of smoke and mirrors for opportunities?

Times of massive turmoil are great for contractors. Go in, bill high, and wave a cheery goodbye when you're booted out 1 month later for reasons nobody understands.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
      Times of massive turmoil are great for contractors. Go in, bill high, and wave a cheery goodbye when you're booted out 1 month later for reasons nobody understands.
      WHS .... "chaos is a contractors best friend"

Comment

How many of those ad's are real? it may just be pimps fishing for CV's I don't see many people recruiting yet, but they will once the mergers actually start heppening...

Comment

No the traders are in trouble so no bonis, but actually it is boom time for contractors. Banks are despertely trying to improve their trading and risk systems. 2001 was the IT crash but this doesn't seem to be.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
          X