• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abc View Post
    Question 1 is - Without a formal contract would you start? NEVER!
    Well, Never say Never :-(

I can think of circumstances where I might start without the contract but it would have to be a situation where I was prepared to walk out if an acceptable one didn't arrive PDQ

tim

Comment

Originally posted by sharmas View Post
      Thanks for the replies.

Since it is for quite a big organisation I may take a punt and go in on day 1 and make the position clear to the chap I am working for.
      Bit of a mare really as contracts arent offering themselves up as frequently as they used to.

Very much doubt you'll get further than reception if you do. You can bet if you havent received a contract from the agent its because the client hasnt signed one with the agent.

Personally, I'd NEVER start work at client co without my signed copy of a contract.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
      X