• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Average Waiting Period for the next role?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 - Two weeks from one contract to another.
    Then worked for 2 years
    2008 Started looking in beginning of sept, and still looking now...was a bit panicked at the beginning, but now not so bothered for some reason....

loads of fake jobs about, I've now had so many fishing calls....

I would get really excited when they call me asking for a minute to chat...that is always the opening line whether or not its a real job...

then they ask me what sort of work I did on my last role, which indicates they didn't even bother looking at my CV.....

Really annoying questions.

1.Who did you work for last? It's on the CV!!
    2. What role were you in? PM, it's only what my whole CV is banging on about...
    3. What role are you looking for? Erm, PM perhaps..
    4. I need a reference to market you to my clients.....Just F off now....

Comment

Friday

AGENT:
      Hello! is that "****"
      My name is "Leech" calling from Bloodsuckers and Ghouls. Just picked up your CV and am looking at several job openings I would like to put you forward for (with your permission of course). The company that you are currently at, have you a contact name there where I can get a reference for you?

ME:
      What are the roles, with who & where?

AGENT:
      I need a reference or references before I can put you forward for them.

ME:

AGENT: The clients are insisting on references, so if you could just give me one reference perhaps. so that I can forward you for interview?

ME:

AGENT: The clients are insisting on references, so you can understand my position, we get a lot of timewasters () who are unsuitable for the roles

ME:

AGENT:
      Click

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
      X