• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you translate hour rates to day rates in the

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My contract says I get paid for any hours per day I work - and they expect an eight hour minimum.

But I often take a half day - charge 4 hours and get a full days wages!

But I usually work 9 hours per day so I think overall I am still down.

IBs are odd clients....

Comment

Originally posted by mfornas View Post
      ... In this case how does the customer knows how much are you working? ...
      They don't. What difference does it make? You could be charging by the minute, and all they're measuring is presence. What they really care about, though they may not be aware of it, is, are you being productive?

Generally, I work 20-40% of the time I'm on site. The clients never complain. In fact, sometimes they compliment me on my productivity. A recent CUK poll suggests I'm not alone.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

And how often are you required to be on-site?
        In my last projects in Spain I went once a week for status evaluation and to decide priorities and new features for the next iteration. This situation may vary from project to project but as a general rule, is this common in the UK?

Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Generally, I work 20-40% of the time I'm on site. The clients never complain. In fact, sometimes they compliment me on my productivity. A recent CUK poll suggests I'm not alone.
          Hmmmm very interesting. Here in NZ I work about 80-90% of the time I'm on site, as does everyone else. When I was in the UK in the City contracting I actually got away with doing about 2 days work a fortnight, and they still loved me.

Comment

Working...
          X