• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax Evasion or Aviodance Legal or not??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    HMRC/Companies House are going to come after you sooner or later for final accounts, even on a closed company.

This guy is either lying, deeply stupid, or a criminal.
    Or all three.

Comment

Evading tax is like speeding if you do it once, the chances are you get away with it. If you do it regularly you will get caught eventually. This guy will be in serious sh*t when they finally do catch up with him, we're talking not just penalties but huge fines as well.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Evading tax is like speeding if you do it once, the chances are you get away with it. If you do it regularly you will get caught eventually. This guy will be in serious sh*t when they finally do catch up with him, we're talking not just penalties but huge fines as well.
        Likely jail time too. If you look at HMRC prosecutions - which they list some of - in tax bulletins then you will see people doing jail time for amounts of less than 20k.

However, if the guy incorporates with nominees, manages to get bank accounts opened by nominees and they are non resident then phoenix companies can be difficult for HMRC to catch up with. But if they do it gets very unpleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by sharemaster2 View Post

Was having a chat about Tax and IR35 and guess what, this contractor told me he does not pay no tax at all.......
          I don't pay no tax at all. Same applies to most people on here.

Comment

HMRC has the final say on whether an Ltd co can be closed \ struck off.

It is not up to the contractor to simply close the co as and when he wants without regard to HMRC.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
            X