• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Privileges

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had both situations at different gigs, if invited I go (if it's convenient) and if not I'm not offended.

I've been over to my last gig a couple of times since I left for drinkies sessions because I count at least 10 of the people there as friends and we stay in touch.
    While the gig was on drinkies and meals were quite frequent, it was a very sociable workplace including what they called the Contractors Curry Circle which started with 5 contractors and ended up with 2 and 12 permies.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
      If they class themselves as outside of IR35 this would surely count against them in an investigation......?
      Only if they expect their Ltd company to pay for it.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
        I make a point of not using any of the staff benefits or facilities available, from buying my coffee at the starbucks outside the office, to cr@pping in a carrier bag and throwing it out of the window. I've got my own (Ltd company branded) SCUBA tank that I wear to work, in case HMRC claim that by using the end-client's air conditioning, I am implicitly creating an employee relationship.
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Most places I've been the contractors have been invited. They like us to come to their parties as we liven things up
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
          X